Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britters Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Stomach ulcer.
    Um okay..
    About a year ago my boyfriend found out that he has had a stomach ulcer for about 2 years, I don't really know much about it, Except that its big, to small to take meds to get rid of it. So he has been taking shots to keep it undercontrol. And he is pretty stuborn so he doesn't really do what he is suppose to, he always lifts heavey things, he smokes, and just things that would irrate it. So this morning I got a txt and it turns out that he has been puking up blood all morning. Not a lot, but enough. He has been taking to the hospital, and I just need to know.. What this could do to him. I mean could it kill him? Is it nothing? I mean I know there is surgury but.. The chances of him living are not as good as we would like them to be... and Yah I want to know if there is anything else he/we could do... Please help...
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Let's see...

- Known ulcer
    - Non-compliant patient
    - Throwing up blood
    - Taken to hospital

Likely that they will do an endoscopy to see if they can take care of the lesion without surgery. But, if the ulcer is as large as you say, he will likely need surgery.

What medication was he on? Robinul? I assume he has been tested and treated for H. Pylori? I can't believe he wasn't on Nexium or an equivalent oral medication.

Once he has been treated (whether with endoscopy, surgery or meds) he will need to be compliant with his medication, STOP smoking, and adhere to a prescribed diet.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.
    JanetB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 06:13 AM
    I agree with Reccles.

My grandfather has stomach ulcer, and this condition may be kept under control with proper diet, healthy lifestyle and medications. It does not mean he will be very restricted in his diet. However, he should be very careful during exacerbation periods, as it may end up with bleeding and stomach perforation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Stomach ulcer [ 9 Answers ]

I have been to dr,s and he said maybe gastritis or gastric ulcer. I have been to consultant who said need to do endoscopy with biopsy. I believe gastric ulcers can be cancerous, I am age 37 don't smoke, no history of ulcer in family, social drinker under 8 units per week but stopped now, not over...

Peptic Ulcer/Stress/Hiatus Hernia/Reflux Oesphagitus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Again, I need a medical opinion from a professional regarding the link between 1.Stress -2.Peptic Ulcer/Reflux Oesphagitus - 3. Hiatus Hernia. I have been suffering this for some years now... After mis treatment and bullying in the Military Services... Can any professional help out...

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to prep for my summer job of lifeguarding, and though I am taken and love her immensely, I just want a flat stomach (Something I lost during 4th - 6th grade with pre-puberty weight and less time playing sports). I Swim year-round, and I do a college-level ab work out from an ex-team...

View more questions Search