Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubblecolleend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
    I want to be a singer
    I want to be a singer, but I don't know how I don't have a band. If anyone has any tips on how to start my career. I am 11.
    :D thanks
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Go to audtions like star search I think its called and just do local singing contests
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Why not use your real name? A catchy name isn't all that important these days...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 12:32 PM
    You don't need a band to be a singer... most agents will get you a band if you can sing well... the best thing to do is go to Open Mics at various places... might be hard given your age, but these are the best places to be "found". Otherwise just keep singing... do it through high school... joina chorus, the opportunities are endless there..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 06:19 PM
    If you tell us the type of music, it will help in telling you places you may try singing at.

But music lessons are a must, learn to read music, music theory and voice lessons to learn voice and pitch control, Even the best professions still use voice coaches.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If you tell us the type of music, it will help in telling you places you may try singing at.

But music lessons are a must, learn to read music, music theory and voice lessons to learn voice and pitch control, Even the best professions still use voice coaches.
    I would like to know the type of music also, Fr_Chuck and I hope that she comes back to read the answers. I support your answer that even the best singers use voice coaches. They also have a voice teacher. This is mainly concerning operatic or classical singing style as far as having a voice coach and also teacher. The teacher shows the singer how to adapt his or her body to produce the same wonderful sound as the body changes with age, and the coach advises them as to the best interpretation of the music.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblecolleend
    I want to be a singer, but I don't know how I don't have a band. If anyone has any tips on how to start my career. I am 11.
    :D thanks
    One thing that also really helps, is to be able to play at least a little piano. There have been many, many times where I have had to plunk out the notes for professional singers who were not able to do it for themselves.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 24, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I wish I could sing good, you got to get practicing now!
    Get that voice training and follow that dream of yours!
    If you want to start a band, think of getting into maybe the school or local church band, or just getting together with some people you know who play instruments, the school or church band won't get you a career straight away, but will provide you valuable experience and practise and stuff.
    Try learning piano or guitar or something, or keyboard, so you can support your voice with musik, it will mean that any shortcomings in your singing or voice that may exist can be backed up with instrumental talent as well. (people who sing and play an instrument are much kewler in my book too) and are probably more desirable as they can do more in a band or in solo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be a singer [ 6 Answers ]

I am 11 years old I live in louisville ky and I really really really want to be a singer I sing everyday and wonder how I would ever get into the business so if someone knows what I can do at this age please help!

How to be a singer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I become a SINGER?? :confused:

Name of singer [ 4 Answers ]

Who sings the new remake of the old Archies Sugar Sugar song? It's hip hop I guess

I want to be a singer [ 2 Answers ]

:o I really want to be a singer but my mother can't really afford an agent or any thing for me.I just need any advice I can get help please if you can thanks!

Name the Singer [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the only singer to introduce Oscar-nominated songs in four different decades?

View more questions Search