Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Aug 28, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Weekend loving only?
    My husband works usually 9-10 hours a day, but I am missing our during the week love fests. He just doesn't seem interested at all in sex during the week anymore. And sometimes he works Sat. too so that leaves only one day a week sometimes. It really hurts my feelings, because he doesn't act interested in me at all. Not even touching sexually. What do you think I should do? Is this normal? Any one else have this schedule?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Physical demands, coupled with mental tiredness can easily do this. Add getting older (I didn't say old), not working out or as healthy... it can quickly add up.

I'm a "night person" sexually. My partner is the exact opposite. Which, of course, means in a converted morning person... or at least morning-breath-sex-is-better-than-none-most-of-the-time guy.

So... he gets some slack and you get some sympathy. My wife is absolutely done at night. Shed be happy to "oblige" me if she could keep remotely conscious. She just works her arse off from dawn to dusk.

I doubt he's not interested in you. Its just all the noise that can distract and physically and mentally decrease the libido. Try to find some in between. Sometimes a spark can inspire more sparks.

My partner and I try to take a night out every couple of months. Kid gets a sitter. We get dinner, date, and a hotel room. Is it stupid to rent a hotel room less than two miles from where you live? Nah. You leave all the noise behind. Its worth every spend penny.

So you need to talk to him. It might not be easy. When my wife says she misses me, sometimes I've reacted with frustration or sharply... mostly its just repackaged guilt. If you can find a way to reconnect, like with a planned date or weekend, that might help him "see" you better.

Sometimes life just gets in the way. Sometimes you need to give it a shove.
    K D L Posts: 9, Reputation: -1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:03 AM
    need to tell him how you feel x I'm hear if you want to talk

Aug 29, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by K D L
    need to tell him how ya feel x i'm hear if you want to talk

I have talked to him and of course he just says he's tired. He says he still wants me, but I guess I need to be shown more. I've told him that too. I guess I just don't want a weekend- sex- only kind of sexual relationship, you know?

Aug 31, 2007, 10:37 AM
    No sex during the week?
    Come on guys. I need your thoughts about my post. Nobody else has this going on??
    wai1480 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2007, 11:01 AM
    I don't see why there is no sex during the week.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 11:44 AM
    I have sex during the week, and on weekends too. :D
    wai1480 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Why you post no sex during the week? Are you trying 40 days 40 nights stuff?
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Sex is a great stress reliever... and helps one relax even if they work hard during the week. And surely he can find a half hour for a quicky. If he really cares like he says. Try taking the initiative. Few men are bothered by that. Maybe that's all he needs to get going.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 31, 2007, 04:20 PM
    >Two Threads Merged<

Sep 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
    I Love Sex And With Out Bragging I Can Give A Women Want They Want Every Time Without Any Pills
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Sep 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
    How long have you been together? May not be just work!
    augustknight Posts: 83, Reputation: 31

Sep 3, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Sorry, can't help. However I can commiserate. My wife is not at all interested in sex. In 22 years of marriage we have only had oral once. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to cheat? And if I did, I would be the bad guy. This sucks, or rather doesn't.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Common problem.

Surprise him one time with something you've never said or done... that oughta get him thinking at work... play out the fantasy for him casually in conversation in bed. See how he reacts... you all are in a routine... and have shifted to busy friends...

Communicate but in a positive way... i.e. "how good it's gonna be" "how good it's gonna feel.." is there a way you can do this and have it not be awkward? Was your sex life ever hot?

Sep 4, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Give Me A Call End Of Your Problem X

Sep 4, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by statictable
    How long have you been together? May not be just work!
    We have been together 17 yrs (married 15). We are both 34. We run hot and cold, but I wish hot all the time.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K D L
    Give Me A Call End Of Your Problem X
    Gee... hope the girl you are with knows how "great" you are... apparently having the superpower of getting any woman off every time, all the time, just isn't enough?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/psychi...tml#post587547

Maybe its just me. I think this kind of post (hey babe, give me a try) is sophomoric and doesn't help the OP at all.

Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    gee...hope the girl you are with knows how "great" you are... apparently having the superpower of getting any woman off everytime, all the time, just isnt enough?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/psychi...tml#post587547

maybe its just me. i think this kind of post (hey babe, give me a try) is sophomoric and doesnt help the OP at all.
    Thanks I agree. The last thing a woman in this situation needs is someone telling her how much sex they're having. How about rubbing my nose in it. I need help, not bragging.;)
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Far more guys think they are great in the sack than actually are. Same goes for women.

Most of them brag about how great they are. Trust me I've dated a few women that thought they were gods gift to men. Trust me, they weren't. And I'm understating that last comment.

Sep 7, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stac33
    My husband works usually 9-10 hours a day, but I am missing our during the week love fests. He just doesn't seem interested at all in sex during the week anymore. And sometimes he works Sat. too so that leaves only one day a week sometimes. It really hurts my feelings, because he doesn't act interested in me at all. Not even touching sexually. What do you think I should do? Is this normal? Any one else have this schedule?
    I just got done having my monthly "friend" for 18 straight days. In that time I have pleasured my husband 3 times with getting nothing in return. So last night I took a long bath thinking he would start something. He played with my butt a little and then went out to play video games with the kids until 10 and I went to bed. Wouldn't you think he would be wanting me pretty bad by now? What is wrong with him?? It hurts me badly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with one,but loving another. [ 6 Answers ]

I married one woman, but I'm still in love with another

Can't stop loving my ex [ 124 Answers ]

Someone please help! I divorced my husband 10 years ago because he made me choose between my marriage and our unborn child. I choose our child and had a beautiful baby girl alone. Since then my ex has kept me on the back burner with promises that one day we will be together. Last weekend I...

How can I stop loving him. [ 1 Answers ]

Well.. I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months we recently broke up. He's been in jail for two months. I love him. I really do. When he gets out he's going to college and getting on with his life. He's not in jail for a big thing. His parents refused to give him a ride to community service....

What does this mean: he doesn't know if he is 'capable of ever loving me?' [ 18 Answers ]

Sorry to bother you people - but can you make any sense of this.. I was in work and saw a lovely hamper full of sweets and candy and thought as a surprise it would be lovely to send it to boyf to make 1 year together special.. for 4 June.. So I ring him on my lunch break - didn't tell him what it...

Scared about not loving someone [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've been struggling with my mind for a couple weeks now. I feel like my relationship with my girlfriend is falling apart. I feel like I don't know the real meaning of love and I'm always having negative thoughts. I feel like I'm scared that I don't love her. Does this make sense to anyone? If...

View more questions Search