Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NawlunsGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Craftsman Lawn Tractor
    How do I remove the blade carriage from the bottom of the mower?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
    You did not give us much info so my answer will be very generic. Lower the unit as far as it can go. Remove the belt by first disenagaging the belt and retracting the spring loaded tensioner pulley. Peel the belt off the largest pulley by prying and then rotating the shaft. The deck hangs on at least 4 links held by pins and clips. Remove the pins with your finger and push the pin out through the hanger hole. Once all 4 hangers are disconnected the deck is free but you may need to raise the front of the tractor to pull the deck out.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 06:00 PM
    I don't know if you are referring to the deck or the spindle assembly. Since ballengerb1 done the deck, I will do the spindle assembly.
    Remove belt from pto pulley at engine, remove belt guards on deck. Use a block of wood to "wedge" the blade against the deck, and remove the nut at the top of the pulley. Remove pulley, remove the bolts that are around the perimeter of the spindle housing, the spindle assembly then will be free of the deck. Some have a ring around the bottom side also. The ring will also be loose. Pull blade and assembly out from under the deck. Remove blade, and replace the entire spindle assembly. Again, ballengerb1 and myself are just kind of out here, not knowing exactly what you were asking.
    JackW Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NawlunsGuy
    How do I remove the blade carriage from the bottom of the mower?
    Remove 5 finger pull pins; 4 at each corner where deck connects to frame, and 1 in the center linkage(easier to get to on left side of deck).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

How much trouble is it to change the drive belt on a 15.5hp Sears Lawn Tractor? Seems like the speed of this lawn tractor has slowed down. I am assuming that the drive belt could possibly be stretched. Any onther ideas?

Craftsman 20.0 HP lawn tractor won't move. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 20.0 HP, 42'' mower; the engine starts and everything... it runs as long as the clutch/brake is being applied, but as you start removing the clutch/brake EVEN IN NEUTRAL the engine stops.. so the engine works but stops as you remove the clutch/Brake by the way it has a...

Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced the mower clutch cable on my 16.5 HP Craftsman LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" deck. After doing so, the transmission to the tractor will not engage. All the belts seem to be in place. I did not replace the clutch carriage bolt yet, as indicated by the instructions, after...

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt? Thanks, Charlie

View more questions Search