Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALLENBYB Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Trane package unit
    Hi all I'm having a problem with a unit runs good ,cools good, unit will run fine then just shut off ck unit giving no codes reset unit it runs fine until it just shuts off again
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 08:05 AM
    What do you mean by 'reset unit'? Power off/on? Check list of status codes, post here any relative to cooling.

Aug 28, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13
    What do you mean by 'reset unit'? Power off/on? Check list of status codes, post here any relative to cooling.
    Thanks for responding just to give u more info pressures are good i've replaced thje t-stat also

Aug 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
    No codes unit pulling after cleaning about 18.0 amps suction pressure 70 psi discharge pressure 280 // before cleaning at start up discharge would ramp up fast after cleaning discharge doesn't climb as fast now // do you think it was climbing so fast & high it tripped the high pressure switch
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Only time will tell, but you have eliminated a possible culprit and done the system a service in the process. Did you happen to notice the discharge pressure at the time the unit shut down?

Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Only time will tell, but you have eliminated a possible culprit and done the system a service in the process. Did you happen to notice the discharge pressure at the time the unit shut down?
    No I've never had my gauges hooked up at that time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 Heater Unit [ 4 Answers ]

We had a Trane XL80 Heater and XL 12 AC Condenser installed back in Jun 2004 - The blower fan on the heater is starting to make some noise! Not sure if it's getting ready to go out? Or not - also we had a Sta-Med Electronic Air Cleaner installed at the same time - the power light (green) does not...

Replacing Control Board on Trane Unit [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Does anybody have any experience replacing the control board (CNT 03798) on a trane unit? I had an HVAC guy check out the unit, and he told me that was the part that needed replacing. I'd like to do it myself to save several $100.00 on the job, but I've never done it before. It...

Anybody Know Anything About A Package Unit [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother just had a Trane 15 seer Package unit installed. She told me she was having some problems with it and asked if I would come and look at it. The installer was acting very professional. This is the problem. The condensation line comes out and makes a 90 degree turn and runs about 3 feet....

Trane central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

View more questions Search