Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJ356 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Mixer Valve
    I just installed a new mixer valve in my main bathroom and have a small problem with it. When I turn the valve over to the hot water side, it (the hot water) comes out of the shower head while the cold continues to come out of the tub faucet as it is supposed to when the diverter is open. Is there an adjustment I need to make or am I looking at a different type of problem?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Are you sure that you installed the valve right. There is an arrow that shows which opening goes up to the shower and which goes down to the tub spout.
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Is the diverter broken?
    MJ356 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 08:05 PM
    No, the diverter is fine. I removed the spicket and unsrewed the fitting where it went into the wall and found about half of the pipe blocked by an old o-ring. That's what was causing the water to be diverted to the shower head when the increased water pressure tried to pass through the spicket. Anyway, the problem is resolved. Thanks for your response.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying shower mixer valve cartridge [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I need to replace the cartridge in a shower mixer valve but every plumbing supplier just scratches their head when they see it. I just need the black part. The brass part of the valve is just for context. The actual problem is the rubber equalizer disk is ripped. It's normally in the...

How to get dj mixer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get a free dj/mixer software? If so where?

Mixer tap [ 2 Answers ]

No hot water through downstairs mixer tap! Please , any ideas.

No hot water from mixer shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have had anew shower valve fitted but there seems to be no hot water coming to it even though both hot andcoldpipesare plumbed in. It is an "AROCO SHOWERING by Daryl" shower valve which isless than 12months old. Do I need to replace the whole valve or is it an internal probem? Thanks in...

Mixer shower [ 11 Answers ]

Just replaced the head on a fixed head shower,put the new head on and turned the shower on,nothing coming out of shower,floor covered in water,where have I gone wrong?:confused:

View more questions Search