Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammyh1961 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2004, 02:41 PM
    dso change
    Hi :) I have read on here in several places to change the 1004 to 3 but this makes dso not able to find it, it does not get rid of the dso. So why bother changing it at all if it still leaves it on the computer. You can go into your spybot and just put it in the ignore list if you don't want to see it come up each time instead of going through all the trouble of changing values. It is doing the same thing isn't it . It is just hiding it from spybot.
    argeldeggy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 05:02 AM
    Re: dso change
    first you click on folder (0) now look at right panal, look for 1004, highlight 1004, right click on it, go modify,
    type REG_SZ, now highlight 1004, right click on it, go to delete, now right click on right panal, enter on new, type 1004, now highlight 1004, right click on it,go to modify and change value to 3 this will do the trick

Sep 28, 2004, 05:12 AM
    :) Hi Again: Thanks for trying to help, but my original post wasn't asking how to do it --- it was saying that even if you go through all the trouble of changing the values all you are doing is hiding it from your Spybot or whatever other malware/adware program you are using , you are not getting rid of it off the computer. So instead of going through all the trouble of changing the values, just go into your malware/adware/spyware program and put it under your ignore list as it is doing the same thing it is hiding it. But thanks for trying anyway.. :)

Sep 28, 2004, 05:20 AM
    no you are deleting the original value and then changing the value to a new command, computer lang.
    that's why I told you to modify the name to REG_SZ

Sep 28, 2004, 08:12 AM
    Oh okay- so you said to click on folder o where is that where do I begin.

Sep 28, 2004, 12:03 PM
    go to start button, go to run, type REGEDIT, then Enter,
    go to HKEY_USERS, go to .DEFAULT, go to the first (software) that appears, go to Microsoft, go to Windows, go to CurrentVersion, go to Internet Settings, go to Zones, click on ( 0 ), click on 1004 on right panal, now right click on 1004, go to Modify, now type the Value name/ type this: REG_SZ, press OK, now right click on 1004, go to delete, now right click on right panal, go to new, type value name: 1004, right click again on 1004, change Value date to 3, the Base will be set on Hexadecimal. You are now finished.

Sep 28, 2004, 02:12 PM
    Hi again well you almost got me through it with no problem until I reached the part go to 1004 delete then right click and hit new then I have these choices : key-string value-binary value-dwordvalue-multistring value-expandable which one do I click on in there
    almost forgot do I type in 1004 or 1003 or just the number 3

Sep 28, 2004, 05:31 PM
    Sorry about that you have to go to DWORD.
    Then use the remaining info

Just number 3

Sep 28, 2004, 06:40 PM
    I want to thank you for your help and your patience. :) I have saved this info so that if I ever come across someone who needs this help and can return the favour and help someone too. Thank you again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a change... [ 6 Answers ]

I am feeling so fed up lately, don't feel like I am living at all - only existing. I know the path I am currently following is all wrong. It was a good escape from my last job; but now I can see that I need to change course and venture down a new path. There are opportunities waiting fro me, but...

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

I need a career change [ 1 Answers ]

At the moment I'm working as a receptionist and now I'm bored and I need something that motivates me. Please help me out.

Resolution Won't Change -- HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question is in regards to my computer monitor (TRL/RIC DH-1764M/DH-1764). Currently, my resolution is stuck at 640x480. I know the monitor has the ability for something greater, however, when I try to change the screen area or colors, nothing happens. My color options are 2 and 16 and...

View more questions Search