Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayloveantwan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Wedding Plans for court house wedding
    Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i know i want to do something better so please help!:confused: emergency!! time is running out:eek:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 28, 2007, 11:15 AM
    A dress can be rented or borrowed. You could also find cheap alternatives at department stores like Target wedding gowns
    Lots of cities also have second-hand stores or place like eBay will have them. Personally, I found a dress I liked in a shop ($630) but I got it at netbride.com for $371. Sometimes you can also get a nice bridesmaid dress in white for a better price.

Suits can also be borrowed (Mens Warehouse, AfterHours, etc) or bought at department stores.

Really, you could each wear anything you want-- a friend of mine got married in a leopard print dress in Vegas. ;)

Rings can easily be bought as jewelry stores, on-line, even department stores. We found a deal the weekend before Valentines Day... my band cost around $300 but his was free! A cousin of mine got her's at JCPenny. Some stores have the simpliest of bands for $50 and up.

For a reception, lots things are possible. You could have a dessert buffet where only sweets and drinks are served. You could wait and have a brunch the following morning.

Just relax and have fun with it! :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Also check out theknot.com - they have a lot of useful ideas. :)
    mariahtaylor94 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2011, 07:52 AM
    My advice to you is to just rent a dress. But it if you want you own your dress then just do something simple and cheap.
    For your soon to be hubby you can go to Sears or JC Penny's to get a nice suite for a cheap price. My fiancé will be going to get his suite real soon from there.
    Rings you can get his online at Zales for like 50 to 60 bucks its cheap but their nice rings. Your ring if it is simple might be the same price range or a little more.
    Receptions can cheap also. You can do a pot luck dinner and just have everyone bring something or you can do just close family and friends and do a simple dinner there also is the option of waiting till the next morning and doing a simple breakfast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

Wedding invititations [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is marrying a man who has been also married. They both have everything for their household, the question is; how can they politely ask for cards and not presents? Or is there a polite way ?

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

View more questions Search