Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmyd21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Murray riding lawnmower won't start
    I was mowing my lawn and mower was running fine. I shut it off for a moment and when I tried to start it again, I got nothing but a click at the solenoid. It has a brand new battery that has a good charge. Any suggestions? Also, if it is the solenoid, any good sites to find one?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:40 PM
    You can purchase a solenoid at most auto parts houses if nothing else. Expect to pay $8.00 to $14.00 if you do not purchase oem equipment. You could also have a bad ground where the solenoid mounts to the frame. Remove solenoid, clean mounting area, and remount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding mower won't start [ 8 Answers ]

My Murray 14 hp Briggs Stratton started up fine after several months of sitting up. I ran it for about 30 minutes starting up and stopping frequently. The last time I tried to start it the engine would not fire up. The starter works fine, I drained the gas tank and put new fuel in, took the plug...

Murray Riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Driving along and it died, won't restart. Engine turns over, fire is getting to the spark plug, but won't kick in. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this problem. I hate to take it to the shop, feel like it is a simple problem. It has gas, the plug is new, and has oil. Susan:confused:

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

Murray Riding Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Murray 18hp Briggs & Stratton Riding Mower that won't start. The battery is good and the mower will crank without the (new) spark plug in, but seems weak. I thought maybe the battery needed a charge so I used a charger in the "start" mode and it still does the same thing. The relay...

Murray 17 riding mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

After using my riding mower successfully, I turned it off. Would not restart. I was advised to replace the solinoid and did that. Notice the gear wheel on the starter motor was wearing away and replaced that. Ran tractor for about 10 minutes with success, turned off and heard a metallic click...

View more questions Search