Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmoran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Wedding photographer
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]I hired my wedding photographer 1 year before my wedding (last August). He was paid in full 2 weeks prior to my wedding (approx. $4,000). My wedding was August 5, 2006. I have spoken to my photographer twice since then!!!! I have sent him numerous e-mails and placed numerous phone calls to which I have not gotten a response. February was the last time I spoke with him and he was to e-mail me revised pics in a few days. I have heard nothing since. I have sent him a certified letter to which he signed for (1 1/2 months ago) and am yet again to hear a response. Please help! Is there anyway that I can collect my pics as well as some $$?:mad:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Have you received any pics? You mentionned revised pics, what was that about?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    File suit in small claims court.

Why did you pay him in full before he delivered the photos?
    jmoran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
    The entire balance had to be paid prior to the wedding. I really had no choice unfortunately.
    merletweb Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I was a professional photographer for 15 years. Does this guy have a store front? Does he have a business license? Is he a member of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA)"? Have you approached him face-to-face? Need more info.

Based on the little info you provided you should consider small claims court but I'd try a few things frist. If he's a member of PPA you should contact them about it. PPA member carry insurance to cover issues like this. They could settle with you with little effort on your part. You could also approach him in person and let him know that he'll be seeing lots of you until you are satisfied. Whatever you do don't let up on him! Get on his case and don't let go. Take him to court if he refuses to cooperate. By the way, did you sign a contract? That will be your best friend in court!
    nilbog Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    File suit in small claims court.

Why did you pay him in full before he delivered the photos?
    I agree, what kind of jerk does that, especially wedding photos!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Looking for a photographer [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. I'm looking for a photographer. I live in the LA County and I'm interested in hiring a younger person even someone just starting, to take some couple portraits of me and my boyfriend. No nudity or anything weird will be involved, I just think a younger person would be more open to what we...

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Sceptical about photographer. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, Well basically this question really needs a bit of background information. Here goes. I am currently a part time non professional model for a local modelling agency, I have got quite an impressive range of professional photographs done for my portfolio, including head shots, fashion...

View more questions Search