Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Badge85 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 09:09 AM
    How many cables in a PVC Pipe
    I just ran my 100Amp #2Ga - 4 conductor wires (which all 4 conductors were in a jacketed cable) in a 2" PVC pipe, from my new Sub Panel to the main 200A house panel in the garage (only about 6 ft in the PVC pipe, the rest of the run is in the wall)

My question is, I need to run another 12/2 romex from the main panel in the garage, to the new outside mini split heat pump unit which is located along side the new addition. Can I run this single 12/2 romex wire in the same 2" PVC pipe as the new service wire is in? (from the Garage main panel to the addition wall,, then I will run it separately within the wall studs to the outside location) There seems to be plenty of room in the 2" pipe, just wasn't sure if that's allowed>? :confused:

Thanks
    AJ ;)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
    I did the calcs to see if the SER cable and the 12-2 Romex will fit within the 40% allowable fill of the 2" conduit, and yes, it will fit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Splicing pvc pipe [ 7 Answers ]

I need to connect a "T" to an 1.5" underground pvc pipe. To fit properly a 1" space must be cut in the pipe. The "T" is obviously larger than the opening, how can this be done?:mad: :confused:

Copper to pvc pipe [ 7 Answers ]

We are trying to install a water system in our home and need to know how we go from copper pipe to pvc pipe.

Drilled into PVC Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

While drilling a hole to hang a towel rod in a first floor bathroom, I drilled into the PVC waste line that comes from the upstairs bathrooms. I cut away a section of the drywall and can see I hit almost dead center into a 2 or 3 inch PVC waste line. The hole is approx. 1/2" in diameter. Is there...

PVC to Copper Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing?

Replacing lead pipe with pvc [ 9 Answers ]

The lead pipe and drain from my father-in-laws' bathroom is leaking and needs to be replaced. I'm tempted to just remove all of the lead (only a few feet) and cast iron all the way to the entry into the main discharge. Currently the 2 pieces of cast iron have a leaded seal. How do I connect...

View more questions Search