Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Sep 27, 2005, 09:59 PM
    Hello there
    Really? Magicpotions has been taken down? I haven't checked it lately. I think ph 338 has 100mg or 400mg glutathione. I am not so sure about this. There is not enough info about this product. It is made in Japan, same makers as that of Tathione & is more expensive than Tathione. So far, Active White & Dr James are the only high content glutathione I have come across so far. Most have 500mg & the others 250mg. Lucida DS has 500mg, Vitamins USA, etc. Will get back to you when I hear of other glutathione pills that has 1000mg.
    beny Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2005, 11:31 PM
    Edit: I found the website. I have never heard of this website before, and didn't know there was a hyphen before the two words. Magic-potions is not down.

Dimples, are you located in the Philippeans? If you are not located in the Philippeans, did you have trouble with shipping to the US? The price per bottle is US$38, but $15 on shipping which equals $55 which is about how much the bottles on eBay are going for. I may just buy on eBay and save the wait time to ship from the philippeans. Also, dimples, is there a way to order online from this website? It seems that they only accept phone orders... it seems pretty backward to not accept any online orders! To me it seems common that many Philippean sites do not have online ordering available, I don't know why.

The website sells other pills with lower concentrations of glutathione, but with other ingredients, such as 'grape seed extract', 'lipoic acid'... even though the concentration of glutathione is lower, these pills still cost more. Do you have any experience with these other ingredients and know whether they are effective? The site I saw offering PH 338 has it for $60 and tathion for $70, but magic-potions has tation for $50.

1 last question - how much Vit. C do you usually take per 1000mg of glutathione?

Thanks a lot.
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2005, 12:20 AM
    POWERPACH MEGATHION L-GLUTATHIONE

This contains 1000mf of L-Glutathione
    250mg of Alha Lipolic Acid
    15mg of Zinc
    100IU of Vitamin A (this is very low dosage as to what our body requirement is)
    500mg of Vitamin C (should be twice the amount of glutathione so you would actually be required to take more of this by taking vitamin C tabs)
    90IU of Vitamin E (we can take up to 400IU a day)

- so this product even if it do have these vitamins would not cost toxication since the amount is just in low dosage. Better check the dosage to make sure.

Maybe this is the same as what you saw on e-bay though this cost less, it only cost US$37 when its on sale, it can cost as low as US$30. Made in USA
    beny Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2005, 12:23 AM
    Yes, Unis. That is exactly what I saw on eBay. Only thing is, the seller listed the concentrations of everything other than glutathione at half what you posted (250 Vit. C, etc.) Where can you get it for $37? Do most major vitamin shops carry this?

Sep 28, 2005, 12:48 AM
    Actually, I am a seller :D hehehe
    That's why sometime some people think that I am just here to spam. Hehe
    I do carry also the brands that dimples are mentioning...

Though I use the powerpack megathione.
    SOSODEF Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2005, 06:11 AM
    UNIS got da mail thanks for da fast shipping

Sep 28, 2005, 06:34 AM
    Thanks, ill try to fill in or cover up or make up with the shortcomings of the courier... ill make sure this won't happen again :)
    Brennan Posts: 35, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 28, 2005, 10:13 AM
    I may try
    Dr. James next time, I just received my order yesterday from United. It will take me a while because I ordered 10 bottles. But I have to buy 1000mg Vitamin C in the pharmacy close by where I live, because lucida only came with 250 Rosehips and 50mg Lipoic acid. Im only taking 1000 Gluta and 2000 Vit C. Is this an OK dose, I don't really want to turn white, white. Or should I lessen the dose? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    I bought from Kazumi at first. He was selling Vitamins USA which has 500mg glutathione, lipoic acid & zinc aspartate as well as 250 mg Vitamin C. But then when I checked out magicpotions, they sold me the same thing with a better deal so I ordered from them after that & also tried their Dr. James which has 1000mg glutathione & none of the others found in Vitamins USA.

Sep 28, 2005, 11:45 AM
    Beny
    Hi there. One thing, do you have relatives or friends in the Philippines? Know what my cousin did, she bought like 20 bottles & that brought the price really low. Like US$25 per bottle. If you have relatives or know someone in the Philippines who can bring it for you, have them do so. It means big savings. I am now on my 1 month & 12th day use of glutathione. For the first week, I used 2500mg glutathione with 5500mg VItamin C(coz Vitamins USA has 250mg Vitamin C each) but then I didn't like the fact that I was ingesting way too much Ascorbic acid which are really REALLY large so now I take 3000mg glutathione( all Dr James. I stopped using the Vitamins USA because I don't want to order 10 bottles) with 2000mg Vitamin C & I noticed NO DIFFERENCE to the 5500mg I used to take. I don't think I have lightened further but my skin looks nice. Supple & moisturized( I tend to have dry skin). So if glutathione doesn't do much for whitening, well, it did help my skin in other areas. Bottom line... I am happy with it. :)
    -

Sep 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
    Wow, that's a lot of ascorbic
    My first days is very interesting and somehow disgusting, I got diarrhea.. :o LOL! I guess my system got a total shock from 1000mg of Vitamin C!! How much more if I double or triple that. Today, is way better. It's too early to tell but like I said I'm not taking it to turn really white. If it's true that it can get rid of excessive skin dryness and will somehow stop breakout since it's an anti oxidant then I will be happy with it. Thanks for the info Dimps.

Hi there. One thing, do you have relatives or friends in the Philippines? Know what my cousin did, she bought like 20 bottles & that brought the price really low. Like US$25 per bottle. If you have relatives or know someone in the Philippines who can bring it for you, have them do so. It means big savings. I am now on my 1 month & 12th day use of glutathione. For the first week, I used 2500mg glutathione with 5500mg VItamin C(coz Vitamins USA has 250mg Vitamin C each) but then I didnt like the fact that I was ingesting way too much Ascorbic acid which are really REALLY large so now I take 3000mg glutathione( all Dr James. I stopped using the Vitamins USA coz I dont want to order 10 bottles) with 2000mg Vitamin C & I noticed NO DIFFERENCE to the 5500mg I used to take. I dont think I have lightened further but my skin looks nice. Supple & moisturized( I tend to have dry skin). So if glutathione doesnt do much for whitening, well, it did help my skin in other areas. Bottom line...I am happy with it. :)

Oct 1, 2005, 01:52 PM
    Brennan
    You're welcome. Do keep us posted on your progress. How long do you plan to take your glutathione? 3 months?
    -

Oct 2, 2005, 05:22 AM
    Is it safe to use forever?
    As an antioxidant? :)

You're welcome. Do keep us posted on your progress. How long do you plan to take your glutathione? 3 months?
    -

Oct 2, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Update.. nothing yet
    But... on the positive note, I now go to the bathroom regularly! And that's a good sign for me, that means it's releasing those toxic waste on a regular basis. I had that problem since I can remember. That maybe the reason why I was breaking out like crazy. That's all for now, until next tme. :D
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2005, 12:43 PM
    Products**
    Does anyone know any products which contain kojic acid or licorice extract that would be sold in local stores like Wal-Mart or Rite Aid or Walgreens?

If anyone knows any brand names.. would be helpful! Post some brand names up if you know of any

Oct 10, 2005, 07:39 AM
    Hey people
    Sorry guys wasn't able to get back to you sooner. I was out of the country for a week. So, how are you progressing Brennan?I have really bad news. I went to China & the sun was out a lot though you wouldn't feel the heat much due to the cool air & I DARKENED! Plus, I only got to take my glutathione for 2 days of the 7 days. So guess I am in deep , right? Lol. Anyway, will go back to my glutathione now that I am home. :(
    oneofew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kinekon18
    most people say they want to whiten their skin, but then they say they only want to go a couple of shades?
    it confuses me that if someone wanted to be "white" (or at least have the "white" appearance) they wouldn't look into using monobenzone or benoquin (diluted - to avoid vitiligo patches).

unlike hydroquinone, using the depigmenting creams won't have any adverse affects on your skin.
    sure - you won't ever be able to tan and you'll need sunscreen anytime you go out, but if you didn't want skin damage even with melanin present you should apply sun protection as a habit.

i'm getting allot of PM's of people asking me the same thing over and over again - you can't stop once you reach your desired skintone, you have to keep using till you have completely depigmented - with the gradual lightening i'm experiencing it'll take longer, but i figure that to be a plus because i still look normal, much lighter than before "with" eventoned skin.

i won't know when i'm depigged completely because you can't tell just by looking at the skin, you have to use a woods light to make sure all underlying pigment has been removed, otherwise the areas that show that pigment remains (is still present on the sublevel) will repigment rapidly.

most people who genuinely suffer with vit "stop" using the cream once they turn white, then get confused that they experience repigmentation - their repigging isn't because the cream doesn't work, they repig because they didn't finish treatment

(which is understandable, benoquin and monobenzone are expensive and you may need to use the cream for years. when i say years people jump to the conclusion that they will have vit patches for that long. wrong.

years = the time it takes to get rid of the underlying pigment so you don't repig, for that timespan you'll have the appearance of white looking skin, but you won't be fully immune to repigging till you have finished your treatment with the cream).

i wouldn't advise anyone to use hydroquinone, it thins the skin - which means you'll be more prone to permanent scars on your skin as a result of pimples/spots etc or just general trauma.

opting to depig is scary, i was scared the first time i applied the lotion to my skin, but everything's been fine since i diluted it and i'm hoping to have the depigged look come the end of this year, then it'll just be maintenance - strict sun sense/avoidance and happy days for me.

it's a big step, it's a life changing step - i'm taking it and so far there have been no regrets, infact i doubt there ever will be. myself like most of you here wanted to lighten my skin - because i'm light already that would mean going very pale, there is no deciding factor as to how light you think you want to go, i know some people who have lightened various shades using "banned" substances (mercury etc), and despite being shades lighter they continue with their own treatment because they get sucked in - the lighter they get the better they feel they look, the lighter they want to go.

anyone serious about whitening their skin should really look into depigmenting, disregard the horror stories or warnings you get from people - fact is that monobenzone (generic) or benoquin (brand) depigs the skin, people with vitiligo have been using it for years with no ill effect - other than having very pale skin, but isn't that we all want?

i hope this covers most of the PM questions i've been getting, sorry for slacking and not PMing most of you back - but it get's tedious when people keep asking the same things over and over again. i end up feeling like a broken record and then people get sick of hearing it time and time again when i post to any board.

if anyone has Q's, please post to the board - it'll help in the long run, as whatever you may want to ask me there will be 10 more people wanting to ask the exact same thing, if i post the answer once i won't have to write it again.

sorry for the essay but i hope my knowledge of using the cream has enlightened you (lol), if you don't take my word for it you can research the sub as i did or join vitiligosupport (as a silent member) and read their posts, all the info is out there for you to make an informed decision about your skin.

whatever you want you can get, just don't destroy your skin or get ripped off in the pursuit for happiness....

peace out.

Kinny x

Hello Kinny,
    I have a question concerning mono?
    What is the usual expiration date for this?
    How long before you saw results?
    You said one would need 40% or more? Can you please explain why?
    Have you heard of any black person who has no vitiligo achieved complete dipigment with mono or at least successful in the process?

Thank you. :)
    Geeder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bella05
    I have used it without results. Everybody skin is different.

Where are you from? Im using this ALL N ONE cream that did wonders for my face, underarms. Arms, knees, and elbows. If you are from the Philippines, maybe I can help you. I got good results in just a week.
    Geeder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 12:42 AM
    Sorry guys wasnt able to get back to you sooner. I was out of the country for a week. So, how are you progressing Brennan?I have really bad news. I went to China & the sun was out a lot though you wouldnt feel the heat much due to the cool air & I DARKENED! Plus, I only got to take my glutathione for 2 days of the 7 days. So guess I am in deep ****, right? Lol. Anyway, will go back to my glutathione now that I am home. :(

That's too bad. If your problem is just the freckles, maybe another skin lightening cream will work for you. And no, it's not GODIVA. I'm from the Philippines so I tried Godiva and concluded that they are just robbing me of my money for nothing. I'm, using this formulated cream with ingredients from Saudi Arabia and it did wonders for my underarms and forearms. Do email me me at [email protected] for more info.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 06:39 AM
    I've been taking glutathione as well as grape seed extract. It started to even my skin up, with old scars, freckles, etc. And to make things faster I use magic cream mix it with skin white lotion (SPF 5 only). Day and night. My skin's so soft and brighter. Oh and I use L'oreal moisturizers and toners for face.
    oneofew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 08:58 AM
    Gluthianone for skin lighten?
    Don`t mean to rain on anyone's parade, but Gluthianone is only for detoxing the body, and protects the liver from toxics in general? How I know? I have been taking Gluthianone 250mg per pill for over 2 years, and I take for a day, and it does not lighten the skin as I have been reading here.
    Please donīt believe what you hear nor what people tell you, because this is not true, if you do research on Gluthianone it says nothing of a sort.

If that was true that Gluthianone lightens the skin then I should be 4 to 5 shades lighter considering how much I take per day, and I take it solely for health purposes. Hope I could at least shead some light on this interesting issue? Take care, and be careful...

Love, Tom:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Tape To Hold Newspaper On Car While Spraying Products Etc> Re: Rust Work [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to save some money, and would like to know if I need to purchase a "specific tape" or can I use any type of tape? It would be used to hold newspaper on my car, to cover up the places that I do not want my Son to get any Rust stop product, primer, body filler etc. on by accident. I...

Aveeno Products [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used and seen active results from Aveeno's Positively Radiant line? The bottle reads that it evens skin tone. I'd like to know how fast it works-if it does work at all and an over all feel of the product.. i.e. moisturizing. Let me know?

Does celebrity whitening pills work [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member and was wondering whether the acclaimed celebrity whitening pills work and if they do work, are they safe and 100% natural as proclaimed. I need something to lightening my colour. Thanks

View more questions Search