Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jujubee Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 12:15 PM
    Hydroquinone
    Hydroquinone is the only ingredient proven to significantly decrease melatonin production in the skin. There are some side effects in long term usage(over three months). The company DDF makes a good product called Fade Gel that also contains kojic acid, another known skin de-pigmenting agent. You could also just shop around and look for prodcust with these ingredients. You'd want to find at least 2% percent.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Sep 22, 2005, 11:02 PM
    Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by jujubee
    Hydroquinone is the only ingredient proven to significantly decrease melatonin production in the skin. There are some side effects in long term usage(over three months). The company DDF makes a good product called Fade Gel that also contains kojic acid, another known skin de-pigmenting agent. You could also just shop around and look for prodcust with these ingredients. You'd want to find at least 2% percent.
    I admit hydroquinone really works. I know lots of people who have been using it on their faces for a really long time. It is supposed to make you wrinkle but heck, all the people I know who use them have really nice faces. I have a friend who has very beautiful facial skin & what she does is use tretinoin & follow it with Chinese pearl creams like a foundation & I have to say, it really does work for her. But I want a whole body whitening product. I want my face to match my neck & every hidden part of my body. :D :o
    kinekon18 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2005, 11:50 PM
    depigging works
    most people say they want to whiten their skin, but then they say they only want to go a couple of shades?
    it confuses me that if someone wanted to be "white" (or at least have the "white" appearance) they wouldn't look into using monobenzone or benoquin (diluted - to avoid vitiligo patches).

unlike hydroquinone, using the depigmenting creams won't have any adverse affects on your skin.
    sure - you won't ever be able to tan and you'll need sunscreen anytime you go out, but if you didn't want skin damage even with melanin present you should apply sun protection as a habit.

I'm getting allot of PM's of people asking me the same thing over and over again - you can't stop once you reach your desired skintone, you have to keep using till you have completely depigmented - with the gradual lightening I'm experiencing it'll take longer, but I figure that to be a plus because I still look normal, much lighter than before "with" eventoned skin.

I won't know when I'm depigged completely because you can't tell just by looking at the skin, you have to use a woods light to make sure all underlying pigment has been removed, otherwise the areas that show that pigment remains (is still present on the sublevel) will repigment rapidly.

most people who genuinely suffer with vit "stop" using the cream once they turn white, then get confused that they experience repigmentation - their repigging isn't because the cream doesn't work, they repig because they didn't finish treatment

(which is understandable, benoquin and monobenzone are expensive and you may need to use the cream for years. When I say years people jump to the conclusion that they will have vit patches for that long. Wrong.

years = the time it takes to get rid of the underlying pigment so you don't repig, for that timespan you'll have the appearance of white looking skin, but you won't be fully immune to repigging till you have finished your treatment with the cream).

I wouldn't advise anyone to use hydroquinone, it thins the skin - which means you'll be more prone to permanent scars on your skin as a result of pimples/spots etc or just general trauma.

opting to depig is scary, I was scared the first time I applied the lotion to my skin, but everything's been fine since I diluted it and I'm hoping to have the depigged look come the end of this year, then it'll just be maintenance - strict sun sense/avoidance and happy days for me.

it's a big step, it's a life changing step - I'm taking it and so far there have been no regrets, in fact I doubt there ever will be. Myself like most of you here wanted to lighten my skin - because I'm light already that would mean going very pale, there is no deciding factor as to how light you think you want to go, I know some people who have lightened various shades using "banned" substances (mercury etc), and despite being shades lighter they continue with their own treatment because they get sucked in - the lighter they get the better they feel they look, the lighter they want to go.

anyone serious about whitening their skin should really look into depigmenting, disregard the horror stories or warnings you get from people - fact is that monobenzone (generic) or benoquin (brand) depigs the skin, people with vitiligo have been using it for years with no ill effect - other than having very pale skin, but isn't that we all want?

I hope this covers most of the PM questions I've been getting, sorry for slacking and not PMing most of you back - but it get's tedious when people keep asking the same things over and over again. I end up feeling like a broken record and then people get sick of hearing it time and time again when I post to any board.

if anyone has Q's, please post to the board - it'll help in the long run, as whatever you may want to ask me there will be 10 more people wanting to ask the same thing, if I post the answer once I won't have to write it again.

sorry for the essay but I hope my knowledge of using the cream has enlightened you (lol), if you don't take my word for it you can research the sub as I did or join vitiligosupport (as a silent member) and read their posts, all the info is out there for you to make an informed decision about your skin.

whatever you want you can get, just don't destroy your skin or get ripped off in the pursuit for happiness...

peace out.

Kinny x
    Brennan Posts: 35, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 23, 2005, 03:28 PM
    Dimples are you Filipina?
    Just curious...

:rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    A friend of mine emailed me yesterday that while doing her shopping in Greenbelt, Manila, she bumped into this actress who was buying tons of this tablet, ph 338. She then asked the owner of the store about it & the he claims she has been buying them by the bulk since 1999. She has gorgeous skin! Has anyone heard of this ph 338? Anyone tried them?

Sep 24, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Mixed race
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan
    Just curious....

I am Chinese-Filipina-Spanish hence my freckles. :mad:

Sep 24, 2005, 10:20 AM
    How about you?
    Just curious....

I checked all your other posts so what nationality are you?It seems you are new here & have been fighting a lot with old members. Check out all my other posts & you will see that I am not selling even a SINGLE product! We state facts here so I suggest you close your wide mouth as you do not have enough knowledge about this. I am a doctor & I know what I am talking about so whatever my NATIONALITY is irrelevant!
    -

Sep 25, 2005, 01:36 PM
    OK.. thanks for stating your nationality
    You didn't have to answer that you know, no reason for you to be catty,I don't care if you're a Doctor, of what? DOn't you think you're better off helping people in the hospital, clinic, or in an emergency room somewhere else, than start a cat fight, this is if you are a real Doctor? See, I don't need to answer your question, the reason why I ask is because I noticed that you are in pursuit of a skin whitening product for a very long time, and tried thousands of brands, using yourself as a guinea pig for these people in the forum. I was wondering if your ethnicity has something to do with it, THAT"S WHY I ASK! I see that reaction as being defensive, why, I don't know why. And why do you care if Im new here, that doesn't mean I don't know . Im just observing, since Im also in pursuit of a skin whitening product that works, but unlike you, I let these other people try it first before I do. Better safe than sorry. :D :D :eek:

I checked all your other posts so what nationality are you?It seems you are new here & have been fighting a lot with old members. Check out all my other posts & you will see that I am not selling even a SINGLE product! We state facts here so I suggest you close your wide mouth as you do not have enough knowledge about this. I am a doctor & I know what I am talking about so whatever my NATIONALITY is irrelevant!

Sep 26, 2005, 04:49 AM
    you didn't have to answer that you know, no reason for you to be catty,i don't care if your a Doctor, of what? DOn't you think you're better off helping people in the hospital, clinic, or in an emergency room somewhere else, than start a cat fight, this is if you are a real Doctor? See, i don't need to answer your question, the reason why I ask is because I noticed that you are in pursuit of a skin whitening product for a very long time, and tried thousands of brands, using yourself as a guinea pig for these people in the forum. I was wondering if your ethnicity has something to do with it, THAT"S WHY I ASK!! I see that reaction as being defensive, why, I don't know why. And why do you care if Im new here, that doesn't mean I don't know . Im just observing, since Im also in pursuit of a skin whitening product that works, but unlike you, I let these other people try it first before I do. Better safe than sorry. :D :D :eek:
    I am a pediatrician, not a DERMATOLOGIST. So, what if I try products myself? What has that got to do with you?
    -

Sep 26, 2005, 05:13 AM
    You're the one who brought up the Profession issue
    Not me, so if I were you, why don't you just continue your pursuit to whitening your skin rather than telling people off!! And bragging that you're a doctor and you know what you're doing, you love bringing that up don't you, although it has got nothing to do with any of us here in this forum! Have a pleasant day! :D

I am a pediatrician, not a DERMATOLOGIST. So, what if I try products myself? What has that got to do with you?

Sep 26, 2005, 05:16 AM
    Tsk.. tsk
    The way you ask if I have Filipino blood. You made it sound like it's a bad thing
    -

Sep 26, 2005, 05:47 AM
    It's not a bad thing...
    I did some researching and it turned out that Philippines has a very high rate of people using all sort of skin whitening. As a matter of fact, the place where I ordered my Glutathione pills is located in the Philippines.

The way you ask if I have Filipino blood. You made it sound like its a bad thing

Sep 26, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Lets face it. Three fourths of whitening products worldwide are made & sold in Asia because most Asian women want to be white white.
    -

Sep 26, 2005, 07:02 AM
    You are absolutely right!
    By the way I was the one who asked you where you bought your Glutathione pills, I end up buying Lucida-DS instead since I was in a rush, is this the same as in Magic Potions. Lucida has 500mg Gluta, 250 Rosehips and 50mg Alpha Lipoic acid? :confused:

Lets face it. Three fourths of whitening products worldwide are made & sold in Asia because most Asian women want to be white white.

Sep 27, 2005, 08:55 AM
    I ordered from a lot of sources
    I bought from Kazumi at first. He was selling Vitamins USA which has 500mg glutathione, lipoic acid & zinc aspartate as well as 250 mg Vitamin C. But then when I checked out magicpotions, they sold me the same thing with a better deal so I ordered from them after that & also tried their Dr. James which has 1000mg glutathione & none of the others found in Vitamins USA.
    nataliebear21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 08:58 AM
    Freckles
    Why do you want to get rid of your freckles. I'm just curious. I have them and I don't mind them.

Nataliebear

Sep 27, 2005, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliebear21
    why do you want to get rid of your freckles. I'm just curious. I have them and I don't mind them.

Nataliebear
    I'm sorry if I sound crazy but as I started lightening, my freckles have become very noticeable. I have always envied smooth, even skin since way back & I am hoping to achieve just that. Also, the freckles I have are in weird areas like near the elbows, on my hands, shoulders(though not that many) so my skin looks Kind of DIRTY( I feel like I just crawled from the road) to me. I hope you understand why I want to get rid of them.

Sep 27, 2005, 09:20 AM
    Hmmm
    I think smooth even skin is done by make-up more than genetics. That's just my opinion.

Sep 27, 2005, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliebear21
    I think smooth even skin is done by make-up more than genetics. that's just my opinion.
    I have cousins who are 100% Chinese & they have excellent skin like porcelain. No freckles in sight. That is what I want to achieve.

Sep 27, 2005, 10:29 AM
    Ahh
    I see, that's interesting. I'm Irish and it's pretty normal for me to have freckles. I heard that guys love freckles. Especially on Lucy Liu.
    beny Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2005, 08:25 PM
    Dimples, do you know what the ingredients to PH 338 are? If the main active ingredient is glutathione, do you know what the concentration is? I found a website that sells the pills, but the company is based in the Philippeans and seems very shady. I sent them an email about the product... if they reply to me I will order, but if they neglect my email, I will assume that the company is no good. Please let me know what info you have on the pill. Thanks.

Also, www.magicpotions.com seems to have been taken down? Correct me if this is incorrect. Is there anywhere else to buy glutathione 1000 mg? Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Tape To Hold Newspaper On Car While Spraying Products Etc> Re: Rust Work [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to save some money, and would like to know if I need to purchase a "specific tape" or can I use any type of tape? It would be used to hold newspaper on my car, to cover up the places that I do not want my Son to get any Rust stop product, primer, body filler etc. on by accident. I...

Aveeno Products [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used and seen active results from Aveeno's Positively Radiant line? The bottle reads that it evens skin tone. I'd like to know how fast it works-if it does work at all and an over all feel of the product.. i.e. moisturizing. Let me know?

Does celebrity whitening pills work [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member and was wondering whether the acclaimed celebrity whitening pills work and if they do work, are they safe and 100% natural as proclaimed. I need something to lightening my colour. Thanks

View more questions Search