Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    travmyfld Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Model lt1000 craftsman riding mower
    I have a craftsman lt1000 riding mower, I have no belt diagram, and belt is loose blades want turn, Does anybody know how to adjust belt, My grass is getting high thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Belt does not need "adjusting" there is a problem with your idler , (engagement) pulley, or springs. The problem is on the deck itself. Belt may be stretched, but no adjustments.
    Oldham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 04:47 PM
    The belt has a tensioner that gets clogged very easily. Deck must be dismounter and this spring loaded tensioner freed, otherwise there will be no tension on the belt. This mower is a repair bill looking for a place to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower won't start [ 11 Answers ]

I just received a Craftsman Riding mower (Model # 917270631). No Manual. When I try to start it, it will run for about 5 seconds and then shuts down. If you wait about 10-15 minutes, it will do the same. It is a Briggs & Stratton engine. The instructions on the tractor says to use the...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

New Craftsman Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a new Craftsman 26HP, 54" cut, riding mower. One of the front wheels does not point straight ahead, it is pointing inward. When we called the help desk, we were told it was engineered this way so that the mower would make tighter turns. Is this true? (The steering wheel is...

View more questions Search