Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikieM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Admiral aav7000 washer drain pump will not spin in both directions
    I replaced the belt. Thanks for the solution. The real problem seems to be the drain pump. It was running noisy. Then it froze up. I think. When facing the wheel, it turns freely when I spin it clockwise. It will only spin counterclockwise about 1 turn and then it clicks to a stop. If I turn it clockwise less than a turn, I can turn it back about a turn counterclockwise. The motor spins counterclockwise. The agitator wheel will move the tub if I turn it counterclockwise.

I take it the drain pump is broken (I think). That is what I am inquiring about for advice. Am I correct? Also, I would also like to know what happened. I would like a perspective before I buy the pump. First of all, what happened? Am I correct in that it should turn counterclockwise? Or am I assessing the situation incorrectly?

Thank you.

MikieM
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
    A noisey washer in the spin cycle could be the clutch or brake linings are badley worn. If the noise is is squealing or groaning the problem is the basket drive. If it was a rattling sound the centerpost bearings are probably worn out. Be careful replacing parts on an older warsher as the cost can be more than replacing the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer won't spin or drain [ 15 Answers ]

We have a 8 year old Whirlpool Washing machine model number GSL9365EQ1 It won't spin or drain. We replaced the lid switch and the machine just humms. We have recently replaced the motor coupler. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Admiral - washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Admiral 2 speed washing machine that I purchased 10 years ago from Montgomery Wards, which is out of business now. The washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. When I turn the know to spin I hear a low buzzing as it try’s to spin, then a click like an overload breaker popped. After...

Must play with drain hose to get washer to drain and spin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a GE WCSE6270 Washer. After the washer fills and agitates, it starts to make a gurgling, clicking noise and will not finish the cycle (i.e. drain and spin). I noticed that the drain hose in the back was a little leaky, and in trying to play with it, it made the washer drain and spin...

Admiral washing Machine Model AAV7000 spind but takes 2-3 spin cycles to drain [ 1 Answers ]

Whether rinse or final spin, the tub begins to spin albeit slowly. I have a clear hose so I can see the water moving but slowly. It will not completely drain 1st time through. If I take out the clothes then the water drains fast on the spin. Then I put the clothes in it and it will spin down. ...

Fridgidaire washer won't drain or spin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! My Frigidaire (model # FWX833AS1) washer works great until you get to the spin cycle. Followed various posted advice such as check switch continuity (switch okay), inspected drain lines, and pump housing(all clear) and tested pump by hooking it up to 110vac(pumps great). So I assume it must...

View more questions Search