Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2005, 05:00 AM
    Clearing old data
    When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2005, 05:08 AM
    Yes but I don't now of anything that lets you just remove certain dropdown information. It's all or nothing basically. Anyway, here's what to do:

For Internet Explorer
    • Open IE
    • Click Tools >> Internet Options
    • Click on the Content tab
    • Click the AutoComplete button
    • Click the Clear Forms button

For Firefox
    • Open Firefox
    • Click Tools >> Options
    • Choose Privacy on the left of the options window
    • Click the Clear button for the Saved Forms item.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2005, 06:08 AM
    Clearing old email entries
    Hi,
    Try this:
    When your old email list drops down, use the arrow key to select the one you don't want, then press the Delete key on the keyboard. According to Microsoft, this should delete that entrie from your "auto complete" records.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2005, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Try this:
    When your old email list drops down, use the arrow key to select the one you don't want, then press the Delete key on the keyboard. According to Microsoft, this should delete that entrie from your "auto complete" records.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Very good Fred. Like LT, I thought this was an all or nothing deal too, but this apparently works. Thanks for finding that and passing it along.

Scott<>
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2005, 01:20 AM
    You learn something new everyday. Nice spot Fred.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Clearing slow drain on tub [ 5 Answers ]

I live in an older home and have a tub and bathroom sink that drain very Slowly. When I drain the sink, I can hear a gurgling in the tub drain and, When I put a lot of water down the sink drain, some water will come up from The tub drain into the tub. I've been putting some Drano down the...

Clearing serach term window that pops up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - How do you clear the search term window from Internet Explorer? Every time I search in Google or wherever, it has sort of a "history" of past keywords that pops up under the bar :D. It actually pops up when I register for anything, showing a sort of default of past registration...

Clearing the previous e-mail addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I log in to MS Messenger, I immediately get all the previous entered e-mails, is there anyway to clear them out so when someone else comes next to me can't see my e-mails addresses. I have already tried to clear them out by the following: • Internet Options • Content • ...

View more questions Search