Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Moving out of state
    I'm planning on moving out of Michigan within a few years. It's not that I don't like it here, but the job rates kindof suck, IT salaries here are lower than a lot of other parts of the country (I'm starting an IT career at the moment), and the weather has really been pissing me off lately.

I'd like to know what it's like to move out of state, away from everyone you know. Given, I may move to around where some other people I know are, but I won't be by any family or current friends. I've lived in the same general area (I've moved three times since high school... all in about a 20 mile range from home) since I was born, and I don't really know what it's like to move to an area where I won't have any friends or family to see.

How does one go about looking for a residence out of their area? I think I'd be moving into an apartment, because I doubt I'll have enough money for a decent house, though that is another reason to move out of Michigan. My Aunt and Uncle live in Missouri, and buy decent houses for half as much as we pay for crappy houses here.

What about jobs from other areas? I work for a small company now, with just one office. I can't transfer anywhere or anything like that. I'm thinking I would apply for jobs, then when someone wants me in for an interview, I'd go out there and meet them? I've just never really done it before, looking for a little insight, maybe from someone with experience doing this.

Also, where might be a nice place to move? I would like somewhere that doesn't get very humid, and the weather doesn't change much from day to day. I went to Las Vegas, and to Arizona, in march, and it was nice. I was thinking somewhere around the Arizone/Nevada/New Mexico/Texas area. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a child out of state [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to move my daughter out of state. Her father and his family are not the best influence for her life. Her father and I were never married. I am getting married in one month and my fiancé has two great job opportunities out of state. Any suggestions, advice, or anyone have experience...

Moving out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter who is 14 years old her father and I were never married. Her father has court order visiting but only been in her life when its convenient for him( I have document it all for years) Pays small amount child support that's when he works! I have been married for 6 years my...

Moving out of state [ 14 Answers ]

Ok for now I live in Maryland and my daughters father lives in pa I want to move to Arizona with my mom and take my daughter with me, we have joint custody and I was wondering if I can still move out of state or what I have to do about it

Moving out of state; can I take insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm getting an individual policy through the guaranteed issue clause right now, and am wondering if I will be able to keep my plan if and when I move out of state. I have a preexisting condition, so I will be rejected for individual plans, and I read that you only get the guaranteed issue...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.