Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2005, 05:42 PM
    Sugarless Peanut Butter?
    I heard there is such a thing as sugarless peanut butter. But I cannot find it anywhere.

All the ones I found contains at least 1g of sugar. Just what is the 'sugarless' peanut butter? Is it literally sugarless, or is the minimal amount (1g) considered sugarless?

But all the peanut butters I looked through in the supermarket had 1g or a little more. So I doubt it it is really considered as 'sugerless.'

So just what IS sugarless peanut butter!

Does it contain a specific term in the label? All I am seeing is just 'Crunchy' and 'Smooth.'

No guessing please such as people replying with "I think..."
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2005, 11:08 PM
    Here's a link

Don't know how it tastes. You'll have to tell us.

Looks like they have a "contact us" link... you could email to inquire if it is really sugar free or as you've seen, low sugar.

http://www.josephslitecookies.com/
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2005, 12:36 PM
    I bet you could also find it in a Healthfood store specializing in Diabetic Health, ask your local pharmacist, he/she might have some ideas as they deal with diabetes patients daily.
    standgale Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2005, 05:19 PM
    I am pretty sure you can get sugar-less (and salt-less) peanut butter (pure peanuts! ) in New Zealand but someone told me just in the weekend that all peanut butter (and bread) in the USA has sugar in it. This may or may not be true, but if you are in the US it suggests that it will be hard to find sugar-less peanut butter.
    Just out of interest, why do you not want to use the stuff that has 1g? Just on principle, another reason, or you just want to know if it exists?

(Mainly I am replying to this because I have an urge to be useful - theoretically I am at work being useful, but no one wants help!)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 17, 2005, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by standgale
    I am pretty sure you can get sugar-less (and salt-less) peanut butter (pure peanuts!!) in New Zealand but someone told me just in the weekend that all peanut butter (and bread) in the USA has sugar in it. This may or may not be true, but if you are in the US it suggests that it will be hard to find sugar-less peanut butter.
    Just out of interest, why do you not want to use the stuff that has 1g? Just on principle, another reason, or you just wanna know if it exists?

(Mainly I am replying to this because I have an urge to be useful - theoretically I am at work being useful, but no one wants help!)
    On this forum, the questions are usually listed on 'new posts' and you have to click there and find some that might be of interest to you. Maybe you just might have more to contribute to than cooking, you also have lived and experienced emotions, I'm sure, so try checking if you may be helpful in advice in relationsips. You could even start your own threads with some interesting recipies from NZ. That would get people's attention. That was a good hint on the peanut butter, I did not know they all had sugar in them in the States, but maybe you could find a place where you live that would be willing to export sugarless - anything is possible, so don't feel useless and don't give up, dear.

Good Luck.
    standgale Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2005, 05:54 PM
    Understanding
    Ahh, I think I understand now. When you are talking about the 1g of sugar, are you talking about on the nutritional information panel? Even if there is no added sugar and the only ingredient is peanuts, there will still be an amount of sugar listed under Carbohydrates - Sugars on the nutritional information panel because of the nature of peanuts. It is just that some of the carbohydrates in peanuts happen to be sugars. Just like fruit, with no added sugars (cos it just came off a tree, duh ;) ) still has some types of sugars in it (generally quite a lot :) )
    So basically, the answer is, no, you can't get less sugar than that (per 100g or whatever), even if there is no sugar added to the peanut butter.

Also, if the original poster was in the US, and found only 1g of sugar in the peanut butter, it means you can get peanut butter with no added sugar in the US.
    vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Oct 20, 2005, 11:51 PM
    standgale is correct.
    I buy meridian foods peanut butter that has nothing added (not even salt) but peanuts contain carbohydrate (which some of will be in the form of sugar) so on the nutritional info it states 0.9g sugar per serving...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2005, 11:57 PM
    Welcome to the forum vyki, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. There are some doozies here, but all in all it's a great Q and A forum.

ling Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 09:08 AM
    Sugarless peanut better-yes
    My family is sugarfree and there is absolutely sugar free peanut butter available in the US as well as bread and types of jelly. We find this in our neighborhood grocery store as a regularly stocked item. I have even found it at Sam's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Shea Butter help for lighten uneven skin tone ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello folks, I am using pinch of saffron strand in boiled milk ( a glass) to drink everyday Since March 2006. Some of my friends said it will lighten the skin but it is going to take long term ( the funny thing is I never read from any of science page proven results:D ). Well my friends and I...

Cocoa Butter [ 2 Answers ]

I think I read on a page that if you use cocoa butter for at least 6 weeks daily that it will lower your melanin count and act as not only a sunblocker but also even and lighten your skin tone.. Im half puerto rican half black and I'm medium brown skin and I just want to get to at least Ludacris'...

Cleaning "popcorn butter" spray in microwave [ 1 Answers ]

I, much to my dismay, accidentally overcooked a bag of popcorn in my microwave and now have "butter" sprays on the inside walls-any ideas on how to clean it? Thanks.

Cleaning "popcorn butter" spray out of microwave [ 2 Answers ]

I, much to my dismay, accidentally overcooked a bag of popcorn in my microwave and now have "butter" sprays on the inside walls-any ideas on how to clean it? Thanks.

Peonut butter business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get recipy to make peonut butter,, and also want to know about its preservative etc... so I can sell it in my country (india)thanx!! I shall be very thankful to u 4 this act... :)

View more questions Search