Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuckySlevin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
    How to remove a Trane (XL80) furnace Blower?
    My Trane (XL80) furnace had been making rattling noise when it kicks on (both AC and Heat). I notice the rattling noise came from the blower. Sounds like the blower's not stable, perhaps, the balance weight or something came off. Is there anyway I can take out the blower and check it out? Is it hard to do? Please, instruct me how to take it out if possible. The blower's on the bottom of the furnace and it blows the heat to the left; I did not see much space to maneuver and remove the blower. Please, let me know if this can be done by an amateur or do I have to call the professional.
    Thank you very much in advance for your advice.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
    The blower is made to be removed, a couple of screws and disconnect the wiring and slide it out, blower wheel may have come loose or dirty. Turn off power first, Good luck. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 TUD100R948K furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 2 stage furnace just installed and in the manual it mentions that the blower motor speed can be adjusted by the spped taps wiring. It has 4 wires black, yello, red and blue. And there is a terminal called "PARK". Which has the yellow wire connected to it and then RED to LO HEAT...

Trane Xl80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Keep getting the blinking light on the control panel. Flashes 4 times it say's it means that the thermal protection device is open. O.K. what does that mean . And can I fix or do I have to call a repair man Thanks Jimmyd

Trane XL80 blower problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace, about 16 years old, with heat only setup. After we turned on the heat, the pilot fire came on, then the furnace lit and the heats up, however the blower wasn't turning and not blowing air. We opened both doors, saw the fan limit (a little round dial with setting to...

TRANE XL80 blower stopped turning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a TRANE XL80 Furnace. Couple of days ago the furnace “Blower” started to make humming and grinding noise and it wouldn’t turn. I then would give it a push start by turning it by hand, and it would turn for couple of hours and it would do the same thing. An hour ago, it stopped...

View more questions Search