Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Birds, birds, birds
    My neighbor leaves food out for the birds. She has decided over the last few months, that she doesn't want to continue. The problem I'm having is that she has been doing this for so long, that now that she has stopped, the birds are in my yard feasting on my dogs food. I leave the dogs outside during the day while I'm at work and don't want to leave them with no food all day. I have moved the food to several different locations around the yard, trying to discourage the birds. Nothing seems to work. I am especially concerned that besides the mess of droppings they are leaving all over my patio, I also find droppings in the dogs water bowl and on their bed. I don't want them to get sick! I have hung shiny (ugly and distracting) aluminum-like strips around the outside of the house and also perched owls on the roof. Nothing seems to discourage the birds. Anyone with suggestions??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
    They make dog feeders where there is a little door the dog pushes open with his head to get to the food ( sort of like a hog feeder if you are a farm person) No visible food, and I doubt the birds could get to the food.

You could put up some bird feeders of course in another part of the yard and keep them happy also.
    bundles Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Sep 5, 2007, 02:58 PM
    A trick you could try is placing a hawk/eagle shaped kite (or something similar to a kite) on a peace of string in that area have it so it can move around. Other birds will see the shadow of the kite think it is a bird of prey flying above them and they will stay away. They use this on a lot of the fruit blocks around where I live to stop birds eat there fruit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stupid birds. [ 4 Answers ]

So, I'm driving along when suddenly, OUT OF NOWHERE, a bird dives in front of my car. As I slam on the brakes (there's no one behind me; don't you fret), I think to myself, "This is the 5th time this week..." Why do birds do this? Are they "young" birds that just haven't built up their wing...

Caring for birds [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I'm pretty sad today A baby pigeon fell from a nest 2 days ago and I have been trying to take care of it with the hopes of it getting better and flying away one day. It was fine up until lastnight, eating and playing in the saucer of water I gave it. This morning I woke up and it was...

Birds [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right category but here goes. I had a bird in my basement yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas hw it might have gotten in there? I was wondering if birds will crawl through holes and how big of a hole? Thanks

Birds [ 8 Answers ]

What do birds never do on the ground?

View more questions Search