Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 31, 2005, 12:17 PM
    Looking for the good in all:
    Hi Everyone,

How can we find the good in others? Does religion help us to be kinder to others? What do you thinK?

Take care, Hope12
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2005, 12:27 PM
    I don't believe that religion helps us find kindness in others. I have seen nasty people from all religions and of course nice people from all religions. It's an individual trait often influenced by good family upbringing.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 31, 2005, 01:11 PM
    The good in all
    Hello NeedKarma,

I agree with you, religion is not what help us to find good in other. It is our own attitudes and upbringing and beliefs that have taught us that the other person is valued.

Yet, this then presents a question to my mind and that is Why do you think some religions have people with good qualties and some with bad qualities, even within the same denomination? Something works for some and not the others. What is it that causes some to be good? It makes a thiniking mind ask, if something makes one person, wouldn't you want to know what that something is and bottle it? We sure could use more good people in this world. :o
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 09:04 PM
    How to find good in others...
    That's easy - LOOK FOR IT.
    Sometimes if you neat a person who has had a bad day or is angry or distracted it may take some effort to see the good.
    In some people there is not much good there so it is had to find.
    In others it is obvious.
    Yes religion CAN help a person in being good. But it all depends on the person's attitude and how seriously that they work their faith in doing and being good.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

Too good, I know but... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've seen the attached scheme since before email was big. It seems even more posible if you incorporate the internet as the attached message suggest. What I'd like to know if it is illegal and if it is then why. I didn't include the personal info of the people participating but you get...

View more questions Search