Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Is The Holy Bible Words of God ?
    Some say yes, some say no. What is your opinion ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
    I agree, some say yes, those that are Christian and believe the words of God and some people , those of other faiths or no faith, say it is not.

So yes you are correct some say yes and some say no
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 07:31 AM
    The original book that was revealed at the time of Jesus Christ (alaihi salaam) was the word of God, but what we see today is I believe a mixed up version of the original.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    The original book that was revealed at the time of Jesus Christ (alaihi salaam) was the word of God, but what we see today is I believe a mixed up version of the original.
    Comments on this post
    Marily disagrees: That's not true
    Marily,
    I said "I believe".:)
    I did not say that it is proven without doubt or it is not proven etc.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
    A person's religion, whether Christianity or Islam, is **belief** not fact.

A follower of a particular religion is a *believer*, he/she has *faith*. That person *believes* that God wrote their scriptures by giving men revelations of spiritual "truth". The Christians believe that God wrote their Bible.

Millions and millions of non-believers think men wrote their scriptures; they do not believe in that particular god.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Please Choux, we don't need a non believer distorting Christian beliefs. Christians believe the Bible is the inspired word of God but written by men. All the books have an ascribed author, although scholars disagree on many of them.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Aug 26, 2007, 07:07 PM
    It is my belief that the Sacred Scriptures were written by men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Each author had their own stile of writing, never the less; God inspired the human authors of the sacred books.

Quote: DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON DIVINE REVELATION

"In composing the sacred books, God chose men and while employed by Him they made use of their powers and abilities, so that with Him acting in them and through them, they, as true authors, consigned to writing everything and only those things which He wanted."
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
    labman, you said what I said. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baptized with the Holy Spirit [ 3 Answers ]

Why do Christians need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

Words in the Bible [ 4 Answers ]

There are roughly 177,00 words in the King James Version of the Bible. Of these words 12,000 of them differ from each other.. Given that, according to linguists, a normally educated person uses a vocabulary that has about 5,000 words and a well-educated person knows about 10,000 words, it could...

View more questions Search