Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boppudi_prahaas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Sleep after read
    :confused: why do we feel sleepy after reading for a long time? :confused:
    boppudi_prahaas Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 01:39 AM
    When we read for along time especially in sitting posture the carbon dioxidelevels in the body increases. The brain send signals inducing sleep to conserve oxygen for essential functions of the body.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 02:10 AM
    It's less to do with reading and more to do with sitting down. Your body calms down and relaxes because it's not doing anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't sleep [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I have a bit of insomnia and I like to read to pass the time... So I usually just look at a magazine before hitting the hay, but I'd rather being reading a good book, so I'm looking for a few good suggestions... Please no horror types or sci-fi. Thanks!:o :o

Can't sleep [ 10 Answers ]

For the past 5 yrs I have been waking up in the middle of the night to eat. I usually wake up every hour on the hour. I've tried tylenol PM's Advil PM's Niquil and nothing will keep me asleep. Any sugestions ( besides seeing a DR.)

I can't sleep. [ 13 Answers ]

I have started staying up to 7 AM. The next day it was 8 AM. Next day it was 9 AM. Next day it was 5 hours later (2 PM). I really need to start going to bed early again (at least 11:30). I have a lot to do and I have to start waking up at a normal time. The only problem is I can't.. Its like...

Sleep [ 1 Answers ]

For some reason when I sleep (yes, just sleep) with my girlfriend, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do cause I have tried all I know to do. Even when I am exhausted from the day and have work early in the morning, it still won't happen. I end up being almost completely down the next day because...

Now she won't sleep at all [ 5 Answers ]

It has been a week of crate training so far for our 10 week old beagle. We had some problems with her pooping in her crate, found out she had worms and diharia, stool is now firm sometimes and super loose others. She is on a pill for her diharia and we gave her her worm pill last night. She is...

View more questions Search