Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbear Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Wu-Long Tea
    Has anyone tried this tea, and does it work? I really want to lose weight. I will work out 30 minutes a day 4 to 5 times a week, but my eating habits aren't that great. Will it still work?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Welcome to the Asian diet market, yes, ma'am it helps you to loose weight!:D
    Wu long is widely known by scientists to increase metabolism and fat burning.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Comment on nicespringgirl's post
    This is a fad or myth perpetuated by companies trying to sell this tea as a diet product, and it's not backed by solid science. Wu long / oolong is delicious but I think it is best consumed as a beverage.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2010, 09:11 AM
    Wu long tea is the same as oolong tea. Oolong is a delicious and diverse category of teas originating in China and also produced in Taiwan and to a small degree in a few other countries. However, there's no solid evidence than oolong helps you lose weight. Yes, it's calorie free, and it contains caffeine, which can act as a mild appetite suppressant, but there has not been any conclusive research that has established that it can actually aid weight loss any more than one would expect from its caffeine alone. I've written a more in-depth discussion of this, citing good sources, on this page about tea and weight loss. Yes, tea is delicious, yes, tea is healthy. But tea is not a magic weight-loss product.

You really want to eat a healthy diet if you want to lose weight; it's the only safe and effective way to lose weight without harming your body.

If you were to make only one key change in your diet (this is easier said than done), I would recommend gradually easing out all processed foods, and replacing them with whole, natural foods. I.e. remove canned foods, instant foods, etc. And eat a diverse diet, make sure to get enough healthy fats. And eat what tastes good.

You are already exercising which is good. Just keep doing what you're doing. If you drink tea, great, but drink it for taste. And try to eat as healthy as possible--you will see better results and feel better this way! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tea [ 1 Answers ]

IS FooJoy China Classic Tea the same as Wulong tea?

Coffee and tea [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to become healthy I'm eating a healthy balanced diet And I have also joined a gym I've cut down an alcohol and I'm trying to flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water Fi have 2 questions 1. is tea and coffee really bad for you? Is it best to cut it out completely or just cut...

Okinawan tea [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone know if you can drink this while pregnant?

Okinawan tea. [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one know were I can get okinawan tea in melbourne?

Wu Long Tea [ 3 Answers ]

I bought some Wu Long Tea BUT I put milk in and honey. Does anyone know if I can do this and get the same results.

View more questions Search