Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex_belli0719 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Bios IC
    I want to locate where is the BIOS IC of my laptop so that I can study it but I cannot locate it... Could you tell me where is the bios IC on my motherboard? My laptop is Toshiba satellite SA10-S703...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2005, 09:07 AM
    Study it? I'm not sure I follow what you want to do. I would not try opening the laptop to view the chip. If you are talking about viwing the chips programming you would need a special EPROM reader to do that which would probably mean removing the chips which may not be possible (many BIOS chips are soldered to the mobo).

If you could explain what you are trying to accomplish we may be able to help further.
    Unregistered Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 1, 2008, 03:36 AM
    Under the Award Bios Sticker...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bios [ 1 Answers ]

HELP I just bought myself a new CPU and cooling fan but it only runs at 3000rpm it supposed to go twice that speed (which I need it to) since my system hits 40-50'c in a matter of minutes, I asked my dealer about it they said I had to change the settings in my BIOS to get the fan to go faster but...

Bios [ 3 Answers ]

How to I get to it on a compaq deskpro

How do I get into by BIOS? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I would like to change my boot sequence so that my computer will try to boot from CD-ROM first. I have done everything in last few days to get into BIOS (F1, F2, F9, F10, shift-control-del... ) but wasn't successful. Can anyone help me? I have a COMPAQ Presario notebook 1715CA. My...

Bios [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an IBM laptop computer (Type 2656) and the system board crashed so I lost all my info. I have insurance so I sent it to get fixed. My problem is that since IBM places their recovery information on a partitioned part of my hard drive... I now do not have it. My hard drive has been...

Bios I [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an IBM laptop computer (Type 2656) and the system board crashed so I lost all my info. I have insurance so I sent it to get fixed. My problem is that since IBM places their recovery information on a partitioned part of my hard drive... I now do not have it. My hard drive has been...

View more questions Search