Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loriz Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2005, 04:02 AM
    Any Clock Experts?
    I have a 35 day Centurion Pendulum wall clock with an hour and a minute keyhole wind-up. Question, the minute key was wound too tight, does anyone know if it can unwind itself or does it need professional attention?
    keyscl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2005, 09:20 AM
    Clock wound too tight
    In some cases, over-winding a clock can break the spring, but I've found on my Centurion that this isn't usually the case. What happens is the spring is so tight, friction keeps it from unwinding. The solution is to manually use your hand to move the pendulum back and forth for awhile. It may take a few minutes, but this will force the spring to begin unwinding. At some point, the friction will release, and the clock should begin to work on its own. The obvious test is to get the pendulum started, let it go, and see if it continues to tick.
    clockhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Hi Loriz,
    I had been given a centurion 694 clock from my aunt who has recently passed away. My question to you is, do you have a manual for yours? Or, do you know where I might get a PDF of it? I will be giving this treasure to my sister in memory of my aunt. How do you wind the thing up? I'd really appreaciate a response.
    Thank you,
    clockhelp
    SHABBYTOWNEUSA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to reply to your question I came across. I have had many clocks and I have a Centurion 35 Day clock and it was wound to tight as well. This is a real pain but if it has a pendulum, you have to manually swing the pendulum constantly and this will unwind the clock. I was unwinding mine and all of a sudden it seem to take off and started unwinding by itself so this is what I do when I have clocks like that. I sell a lot of clocks and I repair them if necessary and refurbish the ones that are necessary also and resell them all cleaned and fixed up! I hope this helps you if you have not already received an email on this question! Have a great evening. Regards, Bruce
    adamad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 03:04 PM

HI
    I have a 35 day Centurion Pendulum wall clock with an hour and a minute keyhole wind. I need key .If anyone has please let me know I will buy or where I can get it ?
    Thanking you
    s.v.prasad.
    Snollo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adamad View Post
    hI
    I have a 35 day Centurion Pendulum wall clock with an hour and a minute keyhole wind. I need key .If anyone has please let me know I will buy or where I can get it ?
    Thanking you
    s.v.prasad.
    My mother-in-law has a Centurion winding key and pendulum set she would be happy to sell. Send email to snollo at (databaseworkplace.com).
    yahtzee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adamad View Post
    hI
    Thanking you
    s.v.prasad.
    THere's some keys for 2.95 on eBay.

WHen you wind up the clock , do you wind both the minute and the hour keyhole counter clockwise?
    vink80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2011, 10:41 AM
    1 Try Merritts 1 800 345 4101 (Merritts.com) for clock keys and all parts.

2 When a clock stops some one always winds it --- (normal reflex) it is wound too tight because it stopped
    It did not stop from a tight winding
    When a clock is in good running condition tight winding will not stop it ---- unless heavy muscle broke it
    3 when there are 2 key holes usually one is for time mechanism and the other is for striking (or chimes)
    The ratchet mechanism prevents turning the wrong way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question for experts [ 2 Answers ]

1. In the 60's and seventies there were a string of german b-movies made by one director. A string of fantasy movies, unicorns, magicians, etc. In one movie for example a knight has to kill a magician in a tower who keeps his heart in a box somewhere else. I need to know the name of that...

Clock [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a clock at a yard sale, it has (centurion) on the front, also (Korea), and on the back it has Korea stamped on it. It looks old, it is wooden, is a 35 day clock, with key and key holes for the time, and the chime, I think. It has a pendulam. I can't find any clocks made by Korea, or...

View more questions Search