Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ManKilla Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2004, 08:49 AM
    Re: DSO Exploit
    I just wanted to say that for the "newbies" and I know I am one too... listen to what the "experts" have to say. Don't just insult them they are here to help and you are here to get some help. I know personally that Alicka has helped me a lot to clear things up even when he gave me a solution that I didn't really understand because I'm a little computer slow he took it a step further to explain things better to me. So in his defence which I'm sure he doesn't really need it... he is and expert and you are a newbie and if you were serious about getting rid of this thing you would either look at the post that he has made and get a solution for you or would ask him personaly so he could give you a hand. He has been a huge help to me and I'm sure if you would just stop and listen instead of being hard headed you would get a proper solution.
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 05:27 PM
    Thanks Mankilla, I appreciate your support.
    If you need any help what so ever, I will be glad to give any assistance possible. And that's to all, I'm here to help, that's all~

PSI, I run the states regional Hospitals IT. Yes in government. If there's an exploit, I have to find it and kill it. I do this for a living mate. And no I can't give you ne links, they're all encrypted 1048, so good luck~

Regards~ alicka~
    ThisTastesNasty Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 09:44 PM
    If all your critical updates are installed you are protected against DSO Exploit and the finding in Spybot is just a nuisance. Eliminate this by doing the following:

1 Open Spybot and select 'advanced' mode.
    2 Select 'settings' in the left column.
    3 Select 'ignore product' in the left column.
    4 Select 'security' tab.
    5 Place check mark in box beside DSO Exploit.
    6 Close program
    7 Open Spybot and run a scan.

You will find that DSO Exploit has been eliminated and if your computer does not harbour any other spyware you will see a congratulatory message.
    Well thank you for trying to help. I didn't bother to read all 10 pages of replies, but dude, if you did this carefully, you would have noticed that "Ignore" ignores it when it finds it on your computer, meaning that you told it that its okay when it runs over it. So what does this mean? Its still on your computer. Lets face the music kids, it keeps coming up because you can't get away from it.

Aug 29, 2004, 11:19 PM
    Are you sure? Your not pulling our leg here??
    Gezz you can tell this is an american forum ;D ::)

Such a smartie ::)

Aug 30, 2004, 09:49 AM
    ]Well thank you for trying to help. I didn't bother to read all 10 pages of replies, but dude, if you did this carefully, you would have noticed that "Ignore" ignores it
    ThisTastesNasty:
    You don't think that others have noticed this therefor not done it. IF YOU HAD READ ALL THE 10 PAGES... then you would have noticed and been able to have done a better solution,, use your head here buddy. ;)
    Bunnyc Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Sep 2, 2004, 06:21 AM
    Urgent... solution found for dso problem
    People, re the problem with the pop-ups Tickle IQ test and the Security Warning that seems to be associated with DSO Exploit and [deleted].com, I complained to [deleted].com today and they traced it to one of their clients, [deleted] who is responsible for these pop-ups. They told me to contact him at this email address:

[deleted]

Write and tell him that this crap was put onto your computer without your knowledge or permission and ask him to send you his adware remover.
    Once you receive it, unzip it and install it but make sure you close all your Windows Explorer stuff first. It only took about one second to get rid of it.

Bunnyc

Sep 2, 2004, 04:47 PM
    Sure mate ::) that's the biggest load of shait I've ever bloody heard. Get a life and stop wasting forum space tos-ser
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Sep 2, 2004, 06:15 PM
    Re: urgent... solution found for dso problem
    People, re the problem with the pop-ups Tickle IQ test and the Security Warning that seems to be associated with DSO Exploit and [deleted].com, I complained to [deleted].com today and they traced it to one of their clients, [deleted] who is responsible for these pop-ups. They told me to contact him at this email address:

[deleted]

Write and tell him that this crap was put onto your computer without your knowledge or permission and ask him to send you his adware remover.
    Once you receive it, unzip it and install it but make sure you close all your Windows Explorer stuff first. It only took about one second to get rid of it.

Bunnyc

ROFL! What have you been smoking?
    Willowtree Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2004, 06:43 PM
    DSO Exploit
    http://ask-leo.com/whats_a_dso_explo...rid_of_it.html

As I told you a week or so ago, I have a nephew that works at Microsoft. He said this site is our best bet. You can do whatever you think is best!

We are waiting to see what Hurricane Frances has in store for us. (Not looking forward to this)! But anyway, take it easy all... Willowtree
    Bunnyc Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Sep 2, 2004, 11:32 PM
    ROFL!  What have you been smoking?[/quote]

What's that smart remark supposed to mean?? I was a first-time poster who thought a solution to the problem would be welcome on here. I didn't expect to be spat on. Did any of you 'experts' find a solution except for advising what I consider risky measures for a newbie, to change the register?
    Never joined a forum before where you get treated like crap first time around. You know what you can do!!
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Sep 3, 2004, 01:07 AM
    What's that smart remark supposed to mean?? I was a first-time poster who thought a solution to the problem would be welcome on here. I didn't expect to be spat on. Did any of you 'experts' find a solution except for advising what I consider risky measures for a newbie, to change the register?
    Never joined a forum before where you get treated like crap first time around. You know what you can do!!
    Bunnyc, if you are really giving what you believe to be honest information here, I thoroughly apologize.

That said, let me explain my "smart remark." Although feeding trolls is rather fun, I'm really going to do this for the benefit of others. Now then:

People, re the problem with the pop-ups Tickle IQ test and the Security Warning that seems to be associated with DSO Exploit
    re? Re what?

[deleted].com
    [deleted].com is an advertising site, so far so good. Although what that has to do with the DSO expoit is a little fuzzy...

I complained to [deleted].com today and they traced it to one of their clients, [deleted] who is responsible for these pop-ups. They told me to contact him at this email address:
    What pop-ups? What does this have to do with the DSO exploit?

[deleted]

Um, okay. So you are advising people to e-mail the guy who supposedly has been sending them pop-ups, get a binary executable from said unsavory character, and run it? If "[deleted]" is in fact putting spyware on your computer, he will probably just bundle a trojan with his "remover." How about that for "risky measures for a newbie?"

Second of all, the DSO exploit is not a virus. It is an exploit. It was not put on your computer by anybody but Microsoft.

So it all boils down to one of the following:
    a) You didn't read the thread, which is bad
    b) You didn't follow the links in the thread, which is bad
    c) You are trolling, and in very poor taste, so it's a bad troll, which is bad

~psi42

Sep 5, 2004, 04:44 PM
    Here here!

Sep 7, 2004, 09:12 PM
    DSO Exploit
    So damn true!
    Miissty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2004, 06:10 PM
    Hi all..

I was having the same problem with DSO Exploit showing up after I deleted it with Spybot.. I did what Sudbury said in his/her post and it has worked for me so far.. just wanted to let others know so they could try it...
    Thanks for the help.. ;D
    Cossack Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2004, 07:13 PM
    DSO Exploit
    Oh. My. God. ::)
    Sudbury Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2004, 09:01 PM
    DSO Exploit
    Good for you, Miissty.

You can leave it like that until Spybot releases the permanent fix (which they say is ready) and if all your Windows critical updates are installed you have nothing to worry about.

Sudbury
    Rombus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2004, 01:49 AM
    I'm getting the same DSO exploit message after running Spy Bot.   I tried to get rid of it.  I even ran the Shredder and it still comes back.  Does anyone have a fix?
    YES!
    Problem:
    Spybot S&D does have a bug relating to a false positive report of a "DSO Exploit." The "DSO exploit" is a trick that takes advantage of an old security hole in IE. However if your copy of IE is up to date, it will have long been patched for this weakness.
    Thus it can safely be ignored during the search for Malware.
    This Spybot "DSO Exploit" false-positive bug has been identified and will be corrected in the next update to Spybot. Meanwhile here is a manual workaround for SpyBot's over-reporting.
    Eliminate this nuisance by doing the following:

Solution:
    1) Open Spybot and select 'advanced' mode.
    2) Select 'settings' in the left column.
    3) Select 'ignore product' in the left column.
    4) Select 'security' tab.
    5) Place check mark in box beside DSO Exploit.
    6) Close program
    7) Open Spybot and run a scan.

After a new scan this “DSO Exploit” will not reappear. Assuming the scanned PC does not harbour any other spyware/malware, then a brief congratulatory message will appear.
    Voilà

Riverratchick21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2004, 11:40 AM
    I am new at this I got DSO Eploit. I have tried spybot and its not working. Can someone please help me?
    molmol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 06:59 AM
    DSO Exploit
    I am confused in trying to follow the instructions on how to get rid of this. If anyone can help someone who is NOT a computer expert, please let me know.

Thanks
    Cossack Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 03:59 PM
    Update ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

My computer (XP) switched off automatically. After running spypot; I found out the computer was infected by DSO Exploit. I treid all kind off salutions but without any succes. At last I decided to run the recoverydisc. During recovery the PC allso keeps switching of. Now my PC cannot run XP...

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

Since a few month my computer (XP homeedition) switches of power unexpectely. Especially when info is transferred from one to another place. Like editing films, watching DVD etc. After running Spybot I found out the PC is infected with DSO Exploit. I treid allmost everything but the PC kept...

DOS Exploit [ 10 Answers ]

I ran spybot and came up with DOS exploit.  I've tried a few of the tips previous users gave but it is still showing up.  I have the CWShredder but I have no idea what to do with it.  The computer guys at my school installed all these items and didn't explain what they do.  I don't want to do...

View more questions Search