Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PIRATA! Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Hi to everyone!
    I am new here, but I registeter right away when I realized that this is the community to interact with for any help.

About the DSO Exploit I have solved my problems following ebyte's way:

Quote Originally Posted by ebyte
    ys, Ihave found a way to patch that DSO exploit. Here's what you need to do and this works.
    1. Download a program called DSO Stop - url to follow
    2. Install program, this only patches but will not get rid of exploit.
    3. Download Spybot update v1.3TX
    4. Install v1.3TX
    5. Run Spybot - DSO will show after 14,000 items scanned but only 4 items
    6. Run Spybot 1 more time
    7. It will fix all DSO items after 3rd scan.

This works, I have done it 27 times on different PC's and the Exploit does not come back. e-mail me if you want if you have any question or can not find the downloads. When this works pass it around.

ebyte
    At first next pass of Sysbot I already have NO DSO Exploits!
    I think this is the most simpler way ever because it does not assume the user to interact with the Windows registry.

Cheers. :)
    james01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2005, 03:58 PM
    Dose dso dissconnect you when trying to download programs?

I've very recently been having problems with my downloads cuting out... and I've just downloaded spybot ( delated dso but its come back... )
    If dso isn't cutting me off when I'm downloading I think I won't pick this scab.
    PIRATA! Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 04:36 AM
    I don't think it's the DSO Exploit.
    You better check your connection or do some worm check, and you better remove the DSO Exploit to prevento any future problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

My computer (XP) switched off automatically. After running spypot; I found out the computer was infected by DSO Exploit. I treid all kind off salutions but without any succes. At last I decided to run the recoverydisc. During recovery the PC allso keeps switching of. Now my PC cannot run XP...

DSO Exploit [ 6 Answers ]

Since a few month my computer (XP homeedition) switches of power unexpectely. Especially when info is transferred from one to another place. Like editing films, watching DVD etc. After running Spybot I found out the PC is infected with DSO Exploit. I treid allmost everything but the PC kept...

DOS Exploit [ 10 Answers ]

I ran spybot and came up with DOS exploit.  I've tried a few of the tips previous users gave but it is still showing up.  I have the CWShredder but I have no idea what to do with it.  The computer guys at my school installed all these items and didn't explain what they do.  I don't want to do...

View more questions Search