Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 11:25 AM
    What does this mean
    If a gentelman constantly messages you saying hi and you are cute nothing else what's that mean?
    Is he flirting?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 07:27 PM
    He is not very good at messaging you. And he is intersted
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Thanks... I thought so too. He got to make a move since it has been half a year.
    Only two sentences, back and forth.LOL
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 03:04 PM
    He has ZERO social & communication skills. He tries to get your attention.

Makes me wonder: how do u respond? Why do u keep him writing that over and over again?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 06:09 PM
    I try to be nice and polite so I usually write back, once in a while I won't, then he would send me a sad face ":(, I miss talking to you." I am like "what? we don't even talk!!"( I of course didn't say this to him)lol
    I tried to start other conversations but he didn't reply. Then after couple days he starts like these two sentences again.
    Is he weird?
    Trouble321 Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Aug 28, 2007, 06:29 PM
    If you are really interested I suggest making the first move and approaching him.
    Texting is not a good way to communicate with another person.
    It sounds like he is shy. I wouldn't wait around for him to come to you though... if its already been over a year and he hasn't.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
    I agree, and I called but he never picked up the phone, I asked why he said he didn't get the calls.
    Do u think he is stingy about his cell phone bills? I think he gets charged even if he is receiving calls?
    Is that crazy?

Aug 28, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Honestly that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Sorry to sound negative but who doesn't mind txting all the time when plans or even single texts cost money yet can't make phone calls or receive them.
    Now I think he may be playing games.
    I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Let him see you date a guy who will call you and respond to your phone calls.
    You didn't say you are hung up on this guy, but if you are... you are not letting yourself be seen as available to others.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble321
    honestly thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Sorry to sound negative but who doesn't mind txting all the time when plans or even single txts cost money yet can't make phone calls or receive them.
    Now I think he may be playing games.
    I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Let him see you date a guy who will call you and respond to your phone calls.
    You didn't say you are hung up on this guy, but if you are.......you are not letting yourself be seen as available to others.
    Texting is $5 / month and calling is more.
    I will take what you say!;) I haven't replied to him for the past month,LOL.
    He is really weird about money, he would skip meals and try not to drive saving gas...
    C'mon he is getting his PH.D.now. He doesn't have to be frugal like that does he?

Aug 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
    good luck!
    trust me...
    You don't want to end up with someone who is happier ordering off the value menu.
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2007, 07:03 AM
    He's weird and immature. Forget about him! Be straight forward with him and tell him to quit his stupid little game.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:08 AM
    hey now I order from the value menu ;)
    goldilox Posts: 46, Reputation: -2

Aug 29, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I think he's a weirdo because if he's interested I don't c why he hasn't said anythign else other than these two lines... he's probably just foolin around trying to get your attn for whatever reason that may be... and id think if he was that interested he wudn't have made calling you or even answering your calls much of an issue...
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Nicespringgirl You are much to sweet of a person to be trying to guess what some silly guys motives are. I am afraid he sounds weird to me. I think you need to watch out for him. He gives me the creeps esp. the part where he says he misses talking to you. What is going on in this mans mind??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
    He is going for a PHD and can't talk to a female?? Too much books, not enough people skills. Are you interested is the question, because he is. Is he the same face to face??
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:13 PM
    We used to talk before, mostly email, he talked about philosophy, self improvement, cultures and stuff which was pretty in depth.
    We didn't meet again for half a year, so he started texting me like this.
    He problly doesn't have people skill.Tal you are right, too many books! ;) Bushg, you make a lot of sense too. I haven't reply to any of his message for a month. I just don't want to mistake him and accuse him being a wierdo, so I am asking you guys for advice.
    Seems like I was right!:)

Another thing is , almost all his friends are females. It seems to me, he is just friend with them, nothing else. I can't understand a guy like that.Doesn't he have anything to talk to a guy? Is he weird?or he is just afeminate?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Well since he talked with you indepth on emails maybe he is not weird. He may just not be as comfortable with texting. But you would think that he would say something beside that you are cute. Has he ever asked you out for coffee or for a study date? Something besides your cute. Next time he texts you ask him why he no longer has real conversations with you? If he can not be mature and answer you, stop responding to his text. Lol if it were me I would have already had him run through every police/court records of any place that I could find out he lived in. You know even educated people can be whacky, do not let the PHD throw you off.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Aug 29, 2007, 11:37 PM
    We have NO IDEA who this person is, do we. Could be a woman, a child, old man, anyone. How did this person get your phone #? I would take it with a grain of salt.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 02:03 AM
    What if you call him and ask for an explanation of what he is really trying to achieve with all the text messages? Put him on the spot and see whether he comes clear or if he is just being nice. We really can't jugde a guy just because he is texting a girl!
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Hi Benn11,

Thank you, I think your advice is great. So What would u suggest me to say?

What is a polite way to ask him about the fact? I also don't want to be someone who mistakes his interest, maybe he is just being nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search