Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Stag and hen party
    I was not quitte sure where to put this question, but since travel brought me to it, I put it here.
    I stumbled upon the term "stag and hen parties". Exnglish isn't my first language, and I haven't got the slightest idea what it is. Research on the internet was no good, that's why I ask it here.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I'm guessing it's a party for single men and women.

We'll see what others say
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 10:18 AM
    A stag party is like a bachelor party; what the groom has before getting married. A hen party is sort of like a bridal shower; what the bride has before getting married. My understanding is both have sort of changed a bit over time - not all men hire strippers for their bachelor party, and women often have a bachelorette party where they go out for a night on the town with friends instead of staying at home making toilet paper bouquets and such. To the best of my knowledge, the common association with a stag party is it is a bit raunchier than your average bachelor party.
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Well thanks for the quick responses. When I looked on the term stag and hen parties I got several activities, but looking at the activities I found, a bachelor party makes sense.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 23, 2008, 07:47 AM
    The women are the hens and the men stags stags partys are like batheolr partys and a hen night is the same but for women been on plenty we tend to go out to bars maybe a male stripper and sometimes get dressed up or the bride does fake veil L plates stuff like that is a last night of freedom before the big day
    matttudge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
    A stag party is for a man who is about to get married and it is usually held just before the wedding. Stag parties generally involve the guy getting married and a group of his male friends. This is the same for hen parties but instead of the guy it is for the woman getting married. There are many activities that people do on stag and hen parties and it ranges from bars, karting and more. Visit http://www.one4allgroup.com/, a great company in the East Midlands who offer a range of events etc. for stag and hen parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I went to a bachelor party [ 43 Answers ]

:confused: I went to a bachelor party "weekend" in Myrtle beach with 10 guys. It ended up Saturday night in a strip club. I did not tell my wife but when she asked id did tell her. Now she has gone of the deep end. What can I do?

Hen being a pain in the arse [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a BRIDEMAID for my sister in laws weddin, and she's been doing a lot of stirring between her friends and me! I am really upset with her becoz I found out a lot of hme truths when we went on her hen weekend.. she is also tried to get money out of us like saying the hotel was 30 pounds and it was...

Surprise party for ex? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys you've been helpful to me lately so I thought I'd throw this one out there and see what you think. My ex and I broke up about 9months ago and after a month of no contact we've been talking quite regularly. He broke up with me, but he's usually the first to contact me these days. We get...

Third Party Collections [ 1 Answers ]

My son received a settlement offer from a collection agency for half of a balance due to Verizon that was already paid to GTE the original phone company. GTE sent it to collection and I paid it. So it was on my son's credit report for 7 years as late but paid. Now 7 years later another agency is...

Engagement party [ 1 Answers ]

Does the groom have to make a speech at the engagement party?

View more questions Search