Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murphy the cat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Staining hardi board siding
    I have hardi board lap siding that is pre primed and I want to know if it will take semi tranparent stain. If I have to go to a solid color stain or a house paint which will hold up better or even absorb into the siding. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Once the board is primed you are pretty much limited to paint. Expect to pay about $28 per gallon for a very good exterior latex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood Staining [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had a headboard stained and after the topcoat dried it was very sticky to the touch. The same products were used earlier on other furniture with not problem. What causes this? How can I get rid of the sticky residue?

Pour concrete over hardi plank siding? [ 6 Answers ]

We are planning on replacing our 3 ft high deck with a concrete patio about 12" thick and 30 ft wide. If we had to do it we will have to pour concrete over the hardi plank siding. Talked to a couple of concrete contractors they said they will apply metal flashing and pour concrete over the siding...

Staining whitewash furniture [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whitewashed occasional table set that I would like to stain a dark color. In the essence of time, I am looking for the least lengthy process... Do I have to strip, sand, etc..? Can I lightly sand and add stain? Is there a quick method? HELP?

Concrete staining [ 3 Answers ]

Can concrete be acid stained with fiber mesh in the mix.

Siding staining [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older house built in the 40's with 12 inch beveled cedar siding. Under this is the old traditional 3/4 inch shiplap. Over the shiplap is tarpaper. I have noticed weeping and dark stains on the siding and would attribute this to probably no vapour barrier. What can be done, if...

View more questions Search