Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Granted_20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Multimedia audio controllers
    Situation: I bought a new anti-virus program for my dell optiplex gx270 (win XP pro). It messed up my ability to see already installed videos in my cpu (DivX). I removed the antivirus program and all of its components. Since then, my cpu has no sound. Will not play CDs. Will not play sound for videos I watch on Inet. When I go to Control Panel and them to sounds and audio devices, it says there is no audio device.

Question: How do I fix this problem. It is driving me nuts not being able to hear what I am watching.

Pleading for help
    Granted_20
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Aug 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Granted_20
    Situation: I bought a new anti-virus program for my dell optiplex gx270 (win XP pro). It messed up my ability to see already installed videos in my cpu (DivX). I removed the antivirus program and all of its components. Since then, my cpu has no sound. Will not play CDs. Will not play sound for videos I watch on Inet. When I go to Control Panel and them to sounds and audio devices, it says there is no audio device.

Question: How do I fix this problem. It is driving me nuts not being able to hear what I am watching.

Pleading for help
    Granted_20
    I think you lost the drivers for your audio device. Sometimes you can roll it back but most probably you have to re-install them. Find out which audio device is installed in your system and you will be able to download and install them from their website. Right click My Computer > Click Properties > Go to Hardware Tab and Click Device Manager > Expand Sound, video and Game Controllers and check the properties of your Audio Driver (now it will be with a yellow explanation or question mark). You will be able to get the exact details of the audio driver which you can download from the website of that particular audio device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently had to reinstall windows all over again because my computer broke down and when I checked the device manager recently it had a yellow questionmark next to multimedia audio controller and my friend told me that I need a sound driver for my computer but I can't seem to find the right...

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my sound to work on my computer and I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer how do I get it back on my computer so I can hear sound again

View more questions Search