Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobby67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Pump for wellsaver 52 gl. Tank
    I have a wellsaver 52 gallon tank and trying to find size of pump to go with tank, help please!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
    You size a pump according to the needs of the system, not on the size of the tank. What size system do you have? Is your tank a pressure or a bladder tank? Regards, Tom
    waterguy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Sizing a pump has more to do with the application of the pump then it does the pressure tank. Is this a shallow well pump or submersible. If it is a shallow well then you need to know how far the pump is pulling water from the supply and the lift involved (distance in height from the water surface to the pump) . If it is a submersible then you need to know the pumping level, the recovery rate of the well and the static level. Size of well casing is important also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

52gallon WellSaver pressure tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a brand new wellsaver pressure tank. I have set the pressure switch for 30/50. This part of it seems to be working well, but every time I have checked the pressure in the tank I get different readings. Anywhere from 24psi to 40psi and then back to 24 then to 32 and so on. I want to get...

Goldfish tank pump [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what size pump I need for a 420 litre fish tank:confused:i have had the tank for over a year and have recently moved to acreage and tank water my fish are gasping for oxygen and the filter is constantly black what can I do to help my fish

Air in Well Pump Tank [ 3 Answers ]

For quite some time I've noticed my well pump is full of air. Originally you could see condensation on the lower half of the tank and when you knock on the tank housing you could tell there was water in the lower half and air in the top half. For the last couple of years when you knock on the tank...

Installing a Wellsaver pressure tank [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased an 86 gallon Wellsaver tank and I'm not finding installation instructions. The only "instructions" I've found is a diagram on the side of the box. Are there more specific instructions available.

Well pump pressure tank [ 3 Answers ]

I am having problems with my pump. Most of the time when I turn the water on (flush the toilet, etc.) I hear a sort of nocking on the pipes. I believe my pump is turning on and off at a constant. My husband has replaced the box that has the voltage regulator and the capacitor in it. The capacitor...

View more questions Search