Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    webcazadora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Will one Lorcet, taken ten days ago, show up on a follicle screen?
    Situation: Ten days ago, my boyfriend had a headache for three days that he couldn't get rid of. He took a lorcet that was prescribed to me almost three years ago (out of a prescription of 20, there are still 16 in the bottle).

Yesterday, while on a secondary interview, he was advised he'd have to take a follicle drug test. We never even considered this ramification when he originally took the pill - didn't seem like drug abuse at the time.

My question is this: Other than ibuprofen, this one Lorcet is the only opiate in his system. His hair is relatively close cut. What are the chances that this will affect the results of his drug screen. Is it a positive/negative situation no matter what levels of the opiate they find, or do trace amounts not appear?

Should he advise them that he took the pill even though the prescription was not in his name?

Thank you in advance!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 07:09 AM
    He should advise the drug screener that he took a prescription drug for a painful headache. He does not have to say that the script was not in his name. He should simply offer up the info. In cases like this its better to say what you took then hide it. Plus its not like he's been doing cocaine he took one prescription pill for what sounds like a killer headache.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 07:10 AM
    This one is a hard call as the medication was so old it and has most likely expired. So, in all honesty this is a hit or miss situation. Chances are since it was only one, and it is so old, that it will not show up on the test.

BTW, throw the rest away, they are expired now and can either have no effect whatsoever, or be potentially dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I...

Ten days in jail [ 2 Answers ]

When a person is sentenced to ten days in jail for breaking probation how long do they usually stay there?

I am ten days late [ 10 Answers ]

Hi.. I have been off the pill for 2 and a half months now and have been having sex unprotected. I got my period jan 26th as normal but stopped the pill then I got my period again on feb 17th and have not had it since. This would make me 10 days over now.. I have no symptoms at all only slight...

Ten days late on my period [ 4 Answers ]

I'm late on my period march 5 2007 it should had come down but it didn't I took two pregnancy test one on march 9 2007 and the other one on march 13 2007 and they were both negative do you think I'm pregnant

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search