Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Credit rating
    What drives me nuts. Is credit card companies, auto loans, mortgage companies.
    Always tell me it depends on your credit rating. Could be 6% to 12%

I know my credit rating 702. I know they know it too. So why play this game?

It would be naïve to think these organization would need your permission to know about
    Your financial situation beforehand. Matter of fact the organization already got my credit rating
    From equifax. So its no great secret.

Chuck gave me great advice on auto insurance quotes.
    Quotes don't mean a thing. As he suggested they tried to raise the rate the last minute. Kudos to chuck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 05:32 AM
    They are going to charge you as high a rate as you will allow them,
    If you have a good high rating, you go them them and tell them if they want your business, you will get this or that percent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2007, 07:23 AM
    I don't follow you. Making loans is about risk. The lender is risking giving you money in the hope you will pay it back. Your credit score is an evaluation of the risk. The higher the number the safer the risk. If the lender is going to take a higher risk, they want to be compensated more for it. So the lower the score the higher the interest charged. However, credit score may not be the only factor in determining the rate.

Why does that drive you nuts?

A lender will not know your score until you apply and authorize a credit check. Once they get your score, then can then offer you a rate. Or do you expect them to advertise something like this:

Score Interest
    500-550 12%
    551-600 11%
    601-650 10%
    etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Rating necessary for Student Loans [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to get my mother to co-sign a student loan with me. She doesn't have the greatest credit and my credit is being repaired because of financial mishaps. Is the credit rating from my mother necessarily need to be perfect? Does anyone know how strick these types of loans are and how...

Credit Rating [ 2 Answers ]

Does being convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor show up or affect your credit rating in the US? I have been convicted and am now trying to purchase a house. Just wondering how this will change things. Thanks!

Personl credit rating [ 3 Answers ]

I sold my house in April this year and am currently renting a property. I have never had any problem with my credit rating and have never been refused any creeit cards or loans! Until I moved into this rented house. Am I right in belive-ing that a persons credit rating can be affected by there...

View more questions Search