Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a_jenkins92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 01:55 AM
    My Dad Drinks A lot!
    My dad has always had drinks at parties and functions but now he drinks alone, and on random days. The good thing is that he has never hit anyone because of his drunkness.
    When I try to talk to him about it he just gets mad and doesn't want to talk about it.
    His drinking has not affected his job nor has he had legal consequences... yet.
    I don't want to sit around and keep telling myself its know big deal..
    I want to stop it before its too late.
    what can I do?:confused:
    sjosie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a_jenkins92
    My dad has always had drinks at parties and functions but now he drinks alone, and on random days. The good thing is that he has never hit anyone because of his drunkness.
    When i try to talk to him about it he just gets mad and doesnt wanna talk about it.
    His drinking has not affected his job nor has he had legal consequences.....yet.
    i dont want to sit around and keep tellin myself its know big deal..
    i want to stop it before its too late.
    what can i do?:confused:
    Hi, I don't know how old you are, but if in High school... talk to a teacher or your school guidance personal. There is ALNon... which is for family of Alcoholics. Just because there hasn't been any violent displayed doesn't mean that the scars that don't show... don't hurt. Usually the person doesn't feel they have a problem and until they come to the point that they can admit there is a problem... it usually doesn't help to point out that yes there is a problem. I would suggest you talk to someone that can help you deal with what you are feeling. If your mom or other family members are in the home, they also might benefit. Hope this helps.
    Sjosie
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Actually there is nothing you can do to make him stop, yes ALNon is a good program in helping you learn how to deal with him and his drinking.

A drunk will not change until they are ready and until they will admit there is a problem.
    leemia Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Maybe if you write him a letter of how you feel.as soon as he wakes up make sure he gets it before that first drinks tell him to read it .cause if you can't talk to him maybe if he reads the letter he will see how much is hurting you.is true driunks don't listen I'm not saying he's going to stop he'll stop when he's ready. He's drinking to cover up some type of pain believe me iv'e been threw something like your life.ask him dad what's making you drink talk to me .maybe he'll tell you if he says nothing tell him dad I'm always here for you if you want to talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone trusted carbo drinks for passing a urine test for t.h.c. [ 52 Answers ]

Has anyone out there had success with them?

Slim fast drinks [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking at getting rid of weight around 3 to 5 stone on slim fast drinks can it be done will it make me poorly I have tried eating healthy and I'm very active I cycle 4miles or more a day I walk miles due to my job and I have a 6yr old and I'm a single mum so I'm always on the go I have had...

Partner drinks too much [ 1 Answers ]

My partner works sleeps and drinks. then verbally abuses me when he gets in. He says its all my fault Any similar sits. and what did you do I have two kids teenage. this has been going on for years and I put up with it.

9year old daughter hardly eats or drinks? [ 8 Answers ]

My 9year old daughter has hardly been eating or drinking. She weighs 3 and half stone. She never eats breakfast, comes home with a bearly touched packed lunch, has 1 maybe 3 bites of her tea. She's says she wants to eat healthly and it gives her stomach ache when she eats(which I think is...

Energy drinks [ 7 Answers ]

Energy drinks. Hi I went to trader joes the other day and was looking for Propel the energy drink, or at least that's what I call it. The clerk said I was better off drinking red bull for a good energy replacement. He said that the Propel has synthetic chemicals in it that aren't good for me. Any...

View more questions Search