Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swimgals621 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I don't have a boyfriend
    I'm 12 and I don't have a boyfriend. There's lots of boys crushing on me but they don't have the guts to ask me out. Is this normal?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Yes, it is normal.
    When it's the right, he will show up;)
    Be patient and don't forget your first duty is school at this moment.
    12 yr old is too young to date, have you talked to your parents hun?:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Since 12 year olds should not be dating, this is very normal.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 08:23 PM
    LOL, kids nowadays... sigh...
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Aug 23, 2007, 11:01 PM
    At 12, shouldn't you be more worried about having a Barbie or a Pokemon or whatever the hell it is kids are into these days?

Boys around your age are all morons; they're not worth your time. Wait for them (and you) to grow up into men.
    heatherwaverly Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Absolutely this is normal at your age. Most guys are too shy to ask girls out. If I were you I'd ask one of the guys out who you're interested in. If you feel they already like you then I'm sure you'll get a positive response. If, for some reason, the guy says no, you'll still feel great for having the courage to try something bold. I have two brothers who both tell me how they wish girls would be the ones to typically ask the guys out. I've taken that advice and met my current boyfriend that same way! Go for it!
    boomslang Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swimgals621
    I'm 12 and i don't have a boyfriend. there's lots of boys crushing on me but they don't have the guts to ask me out. Is this normal?
    Yep, this is very normal. Most people don't have boyfriends or girlfriends at 12. I didn't! But I did have a few guys crushing on me and I had a few crushes on some guys. Having crushes is fun. Just enjoy the fact that these boys think you're cute. Remember that having a boyfriend doesn't make you cooler, nicer, smarter, prettier or more popular. At the moment it's just important to focus on growing up to be the best person you can be.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
    having a boyfriend doesn't make you cooler, nicer, smarter, prettier or more popular
    ;) That's right, hun!
    Mandmo Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2007, 04:35 PM
    At 12 boys are idiots! They don't know a good thing until it is in front of them. Personally I would wait until your 16 to have a boyfriend, because 12 is way to young. You have your whole life to date. At 16 ypu have a little money, he can drive you places (instead of his Mommy driving you). Personally boys are really immature and gross looking until 18 or 19, then they are smoking HOT ans ready for a true commitment and not some 2 week relationship. Just focus on school, sports, friends, and especially your family because htye will always be there for you!
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2007, 05:05 PM
    I'm 12 and i don't have a boyfriend. there's lots of boys crushing on me but they don't have the guts to ask me out. Is this normal?
    its normal 12 years old guys don't have the guts to ask a girl out , they're either to scared or too much into playing games
    just wait a guy will come and ask you out when he feels right
    u might think they don't want to but later on you won't know how to stop them from asking you out

trust me =)
    colorblind Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Not having a boyfriend at the age of 12 is quite normal!
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Sep 9, 2007, 12:01 PM
    I was 12 three years ago let me handle this. OK boys at 12, some are cool like I was and they just want a girlfriend to hang out with at lunch and stuff that's about it. Your in like 6th, 7th grade right? I know everyone says this but its true, you should wait. High school is a much better time to start dating because you'll know more stuff. You've only got like 2 years left, oh and to answer your question yes its normal, I was a little chicken until this kid bet me 3 dollars to ask this girl out, then I got confident and just started doing my thing.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 12:04 PM
    You don't need a boyfriend at 12. And 12 year old boys don't know how to be a boyfriend.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    You don't need a boyfriend at 12. And 12 year old boys don't know how to be a boyfriend.
    Right, I was really surprised to read this post. Teens these days... sigh... :eek:
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 12:18 PM
    12, she is barely a teen. What is wrong with these kids? They want to grow up and some of them are growing up way too fast. They have no childhood.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Sep 9, 2007, 12:41 PM
    I've had gfs since I was 4. I think you can have a boyfriend around your age. And of course it's normal for boys to be afraid to ask you out, they are shy.
    souljah shortay Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Sep 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Stop telling her she's too young to have a boyfriend. You can have a boyfriend when you're twelve, but you shouldn't be doing anything with them. That's what you're too young for. I can't tell you how boys are at that age, because I don't remember that and I'm not a boy, but just because no one has asked you out yet doesn't mean you're a freak or anything. If it's that much of an issue, you ask out one of the "lots of boys crushing on you"
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by souljah shortay
    Stop telling her she's too young to have a boyfriend. You can have a boyfriend when you're twelve, but you shouldn't be doing anything with them. Thats what you're too young for. I can't tell you how boys are at that age, because I don't remember that and I'm not a boy, but just because no one has asked you out yet doesn't mean you're a freak or anything. If it's that much of an issue, you ask out one of the "lots of boys crushing on you"
    Unfortunately in this day and age 12 year olds do have them and are going things with them, which is why they have no business with them to begin with. That is why we are telling this young lady that she should not feel bad. She is better off just having a bunch of friends and enjoying her childhood. Time for dating will come soon enough.
    souljah shortay Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Sep 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    Unfortunately in this day and age 12 year olds do have them and are going things with them, which is why they have no business with them to begin with. That is why we are telling this young lady that she should not feel bad. She is better off just having a bunch of friends and enjoying her childhood. Time for dating will come soon enough.

Well, 12 year olds who are doing things with theire boyfriends are trying to be older than they should be. And if that's why she wants one, then I agree, she does't need one. But not every little girl is doing grown up things with little boys.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
    This is true, but there is no point in helping them along. I just believe 12 years old is too young to be dating. I didn't let mine do it at that age and she survived childhood just fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search