Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankee20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Comparison o cpvc vs other plastic options like PPR, ABS, UPVC, PE
    Dear friends
    I am looking for comparison data to support my argument that CPVC is reliable, better and economical hot and cold water system in comprison to PPR, ABS, UPVC,and pE

Cn somebody hlp me with these comparisons. Your support and help will be highly appreciated
    jaydeepsheth Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ankee20
    Dear friends
    I am looking for comparison data to support my argument that CPVC is reliable, better and economical hot and cold water system in comprison to PPR, ABS, UPVC,and pE

cn somebody hlp me with these comparisons. your support and help will be highly appreciated
    Well on economical grounds cpvc might score slighty more than PPR but on technical grounds it's way behind to PPR
    choiski Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Cpvc is toxic from manufacture to usage to disposal/recycling. Ppr is hygienic and does not lead into leaching.
    Cpvc is stiffer, ppr is flexible and was tested to withstand 70million flexings without failure.
    Ppr jointing is the most reliable of all plumbing system, utilizing the heat-fusion method to create a 100% zero leakage.
    All plumbing systems' weak point is its joints, whether it be screwed, clamped, compression fit, force-fit, and most especially solvent weld. BUT NOT IN THE CASE OF PPR (polypropylene).
    chandila28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 01:45 AM
    Ppr is the best
    chandila28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 01:48 AM
    Ppr have perfect joint and good to installation and ppr have more than 50 year long life
    pierroloti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 02:54 AM
    Comment on choiski's post
    Hello choiski your mail looks very interesting.

I'd like to know.. Do you have other comparisons between both ppr and Cpvc.
    I am working for a PPR producer in turkey.. and in charge of the brazilian (where unfortunately many distribuitors use CPVC).

Also for information if you guys are interesing in receiving some sample or catalogues of our our company, just ask (we get really cheap price and good quality)!

Best regards from Istanbul!

Mar 3, 2011, 03:18 AM
    There are many advantages in using or choosing PPR over cPVC. But I think PPR can unanimously win or even eliminate the competition when we speak of the environmental impact.

If I could remember, about 6 years ago there was already a move to ban the use of PVC, or cPVC for this matter. And Europe is spearheading the move, they have this "PVC-free Europe".

Like I mentioned before, PVC harms our environment, our very own planet, the Mother Earth - from production to use, to disposal.
    pierroloti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 04:00 AM
    Comment on choiski's post
    OK so "the environmental care" of CPVC and conversely the big advantage of PPR.

I am currently reading a brazilian article comparing the sustainibility in terms of environmnent for CPVC PPR and PEX. If I see relevant information, I will post them here.
    See you and thanks again.

Mar 3, 2011, 04:21 AM

Hi pierroloti!

You're welcome. And I'm also looking forward to your additional inputs on PPR, PVC, and other plastics.
    karikalan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 09:56 AM
    PPR pipes are better than CPVC pipes as explained above but Pe Al Pe pipes are better than both these pipes scores many more advantages than both these products.
    karikalan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 09:59 AM
    PPR is a better than CPVC but Pe Al Pe pipes are better than both these products on many counts which I have explained in the advantages of Pe Al Pe pipe over CPVC pipes.

Jul 9, 2011, 09:27 PM
    PPR is again a lot better than PE-Al-PE.
    PPR is ppr all through out, it's homogeneous. That's why when you talk of maximum operating temperature no doubt it's PPR. Whereas with PE-Al-PE, the aluminum is only there for stiffness which PE doesn't have.
    Aluminum is only in-between the PE that's why it is called PE-Al-PE, and what touches the hot water?? It's PE.

Again, PPR has both higher heat resistance and stiffness compared to PE.

Jul 9, 2011, 09:28 PM
    PPR is again a lot better than PE-Al-PE.
    PPR is ppr all through out, it's homogeneous. That's why when you talk of maximum operating temperature no doubt it's PPR. Whereas with PE-Al-PE, the aluminum is only there for stiffness which PE doesn't have.
    Aluminum is only in-between the PE that's why it is called PE-Al-PE, and what touches the hot water?? It's PE.

Again, PPR has both higher heat resistance and stiffness compared to PE.
    natan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Pierroloti,

I'm a brazilian engineer working with plumbing systems design.
    Could you tell me where you found this article comparing the sustainability aspects regarding CPVC, PPR and PEX.
    Thanks in advance.
    Natan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removing glued ABS fitting to ABS piping [ 5 Answers ]

I glued an ABS toilet flange to ab ABS pipe roughing. The fitting did not go down all the way and is 1/2" proud of the tile flooring. I now want to remove the fitting and replace with a new fitting. How do I do it without damaging the receiving pipe. Pipe is in concrete floor. Thanks, Bob

PPR market size in terms of global hot and cold water piping system [ 12 Answers ]

Hi!! I am doing a research on PPR piping and I am interested to know the over all PPR piping share in the global market. So I will be extremely gratefull if any 1 can share this data with me. Thanks

Processor Comparison [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process purchasing a laptop computer. There are many processors to choose from these days and I was hoping someone could enlighten me about the differences in the many styles/brands of processors currently offered for these computers. I have always preferred Pentium 4 processors. ...

View more questions Search