Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blusia Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Std concern
    My ex roommate recently found out she has vaginal herpes. I understand that you cannot get it from toilet seats and stuff but I cannot remember if I ever used her razor at all and if I did it was probable at least more than a week before she had an outbreak. I have never had any sexual relations with her and I am just worried that I could have something. I have not noticed any unusual discharge or coloration. I have only noticed three small uncolored bumps that could be razor burn and do not itch or anything beyond normal except the usual paranoia that makes you wonder if you have anything so much you imagine the symptoms, and then you stop thinking about them and magically they disappear. I'm just scared and uncertain where to go to get tested- because I am fairly poor and I do not have the money to go to a main place. We have a plant parenthood but I don't know if they test or not.

Please let me know your opinions
    blusia
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Planned Parenthood will be able to test you. You have a slim to none chance of contracting the virus, at least from the information you've provided. The Herpes virus is pretty weak and does not live very long outside of the body. Get tested if you are concerned, but I would say you have nothing to worry about.

Here is some info:

Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Genital Herpes (HSV-2)

Aug 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Even if I did use her razor in my bikini area?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blusia
    even if i did use her razor in my bikini area?
    I'm just guessing here but I would imagine you did not put the razor directly on your genitals.

But as the above poster said the virus is weak and does not live long outside the body. It is a SEXUALLY transmitted disease that require genital to genital contact. If you are really concerned go to planned parenthood and be tested but I believe you would be wasting your time and money.

Aug 24, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Thank you all so much for help, I feel a little better about it now.

Just for future reference planned parenthood doesn't test for herpes- I had called them previously and the test is $140 but could not be taken there. So yeah- I think I feel better about the situation.

Thank you again!
    blusia
    JanetB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 06:02 AM
    It would be better to get tested and know for sure that you have no HSV. But the chances of getting herpes virus through sharing razor are very low. Herpes virus is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact or mucous membrane contact. The virus enters the body through broken area of skin or intact mucous membranes.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 05:02 PM
    You have almost no chance of contracting the virus given the circumstances, your friend did not use the razor during an outbreak-the virus lives within pustules that only if they are broken and touched BY YOU will the virus transfer.

If she knocked the scab off the sore, then that is different you need to be tested

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concern [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 40 year old woman, and for the last two weeks my breasts have been in pain to the touch,

Next concern [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to buy a house but in the meantime we are renting. A month ago we got a new landlord. He has told us that we need to either get rid of our dog or leave. I can't afford to pay 1st, last, and rent on a new place and I already paid the last landlord 375 towards the dog. ...

Whom It may Concern [ 1 Answers ]

Please may u answer for me this question it is about economics. Tell me the difference between static production possibility frontier and dynamic production possibility frontier? Thanks.

Concern [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mom with sixteen year old son , I have been receiving child support for him , every since he was 2 years old. His father and I have never married. Until recently his father became disabled , amd my son now receives benefits from his record. I was getting child support thourgh the...

Concern [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 22 and I have been experiencing sharp breast pain, and I have a light spotting. I have been on the ortho tri-cyclen for 3 months and this is the first one that spotting and breast pain occur. I had my period 10 ago and I don't know what to think. Is this something due to the pill or should I...

View more questions Search