Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doinger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Burning bottom of cheap soup pot
    How do I keep the bottom of my cheap stock pot from burning inside when I cook soup?
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 22, 2007, 05:27 PM
    The only way to keep it from burning it to use very low heat, which means it will take a lot longer to cook. Or, you can get a flat wooden spoon and stir constantly, keeping the food off the bottom of the pot. Either way, it has probably outlived its usefulness.

As soon as you get extra cash, I'd replace it. Bed Bath and Beyond and a few other outlets sell inexpensive pots, just make sure the pot you buy has a thick bottom.
    antipode12 Posts: 248, Reputation: 8

Aug 29, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Are you using gas?

If so, one of the cheap and easy "hacks" we used to use was to place a tin can lid on the center of the burner. It displaces the flame further out to the edge of the pot and dilluting the intensity of it in any one place.

Just take a can lid, lay it on top of the burner grate, and light er up.

Be careful to let the lid cool off when you are done -- it will obviously be hot.
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Put the soup pot in another pan then on the stove.
    TR777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Using the grill part of a broiler pan under the pot. Seems to be working
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Put it in a microwave or a double boiler.
    Jackie B Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2013, 07:42 PM
    First, is the pot stainless? If yes, use a stainless scouring powder name "Cameo" for stainless utensils. Sometimes if your pot gets a build-up (when bottom looks dull) this will cause food to stick - I have RevereWare - it's old, and the bottom is copper I use Cameo (for copper). From many years of cooking, and soup's a favorite of mine, I have learned the cleaner the pot. Easier cooking. Last of all, if you are using one of those nasty coated pots. Throw it away! If money is issue, go to Goodwill store, for about $5-$10 get yourself a stainless!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2013, 07:48 PM
    This question is from 2008 - why is it still open for comments?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cabbage soup [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to make the cabbage soup for a cabbage souup diet?I would really appreciate the recipies if you could send me some!:o

Bowl of Soup play [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, about two years ago I was looking through a monologue book and found an nice excerpt from this play called A Bowl of Soup. I loved that monologue, printed the pages out and used it as a monologue, but have since lost it and can't remember the name of the monologue book or who authored the...

Potato suasage soup [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a good sausage potato soup recipe?

Potato Soup [ 7 Answers ]

Looking for an old fashion potato soup receipt. Just the basic receipt. Like potatoes milk butter & onions. Single man just wanting to make some without a clue how to cook

How to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is sweet honey bee... I would like to know how to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle. Thanks..

View more questions Search