Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boomhouser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Starter rope won't pull
    Hello, I am confused as to why my Briggs and Stratton lawnmower won't start. (yardman 6.5) I tried to start it this morning and the rope will not pull. I try as hard as I can, but there is no give coming from the mower. I looked underneath and it doesn't seem as if there is anything stuck in the blades. I am not good at any of this so all I know how to do is mow. I will try and fix this on my own but will probably have trouble even opening the cover. Yes, Im a girl... lol :) Thanks!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Oh my, I will try to help you, do you have basic tools?
    1. see if the brake cable is broken or off. Have someone look at the brake lever as you pull the handle to see if it moves. (to find this, look at the small handle and follow the cable down to the rear or side of the engine.
    2. if the cable is working the brake, remove the spark plug, depress brake handle and see if the unit will try and start.
    3. I hope you have kept an eye on the oil. You have haven't you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Weed Eater Starter Rope [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old Craftsman 17" cut 28cc Weed Eater, Model No. 358.797130. How do I install a new starter rope? Is there a manual available?

Craftsman Brush Wacker Starter Rope [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 32cc Brush Wacker, Model No. 358795800. How do I install a new starter rope? Is there a manual available?

Broken Starter Rope [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Murray 20" push mower. After many years of use, the starter rope broke this morning as I was pulling on it. I'd like to replace the starter rope, but I'd like some advice before I start removing parts and screw it up worse. Any "How To" help?

Craftsman Weedeater Starter Rope Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace the starter rope on my Craftsman Weedeater. Can you tell me how to remove the clutch assembly from the shaft?

View more questions Search