Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ysoblue40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 09:27 AM
    What can I do in this matter
    I need some assistance is this matter... I recently came across a property that has been vacant for some time and I did a little research on it. Come to find out that the owner, plus the person's relatives that were named administrators are deceased. The property owes thousands of dollars in realestate taxes and work is much needed to repair property. The sticky point here is that after I was able to track down a last living relative, they do not want anything or can't afford to obtain this property. My suggestion was to him for him to transfer the Administrative papers to his name then transfer the deed over to me, in turn I will pay off the realestate taxes owed and pay him what the house was appraised at... very low.

Or should I just go to the Wills office of the city and inform them about the house and see if they would make me the Administrator of the estate and then I can transfer the deed over to my name.

Please advise if I should be going a whole other route.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
    You work through relative. All the work you have done in tracking him down was speculative. But to try and take the property over would be unethical if not illegal.

The relative needs to file a claim with the county as the nearest relative. I'm not sure whether this has to go to a probate court or what, but once he's established and registered ownership, he can then sell to you. You agree on a price he will accept and you deduct the cost of bringing the taxes up to date and any costs you incurred in tracking him down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where did matter come from? [ 24 Answers ]

I have a general question to ask. I'm a big fan of the big bang theory, the general theory that everything in the universe today was in one hot and dense state, there was an explosion and subsequently matter spread out and the universe is expanding today but I was wondering where the matter came...

Does it matter? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can wear yellow and white gold at the same time, because I got married recently and my husband brought me a gold ring. I don't know what to do because my husband said I should wear my ring even if I am wearing a yellow necklace.

Age matter [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 27 and my husband is 57 were together for 9 months and keep trying but still I'm not pregnant. Does my husband age matter?

Nature of matter [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I need help with the question bel0w 1.00 mL of dry ice (solid carbon dioxide) has a mass of 1.2g. 1.2g carbon dioxide gas at standard atmospheric pressure and 25 degrees C has a volume of 670mL. Given that 1.2g of solid and of gas each contain the same number of particles, and that the...

View more questions Search