Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
    My colleague acts like a spoilt child
    I work in a team of 7 employees and 1 manager and we are split into 2 different offices, 5 of us in one office, 2 in the other, and our manager divides his time between both offices.
    One of my colleagues (she works in the other office) is very difficult to work with. Ever since she was hired, she refuses to be a team player, gives people the cold shoulder if they don't agree with her on something. She has said that she works to please her boss and nothing anyone else says matters.
    Whenever anyone has tried to talk with her about how her behavior affects the team, she refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong, turns herself into the victim and blames others.
    This has gone on for over a year and a half. Whenever we try to talk to our boss about this situation, he always defends her, saying we're the ones being childish, we're whining and complaining. He says she does good quality work and that's the bottom line.
    This is such a source of frustration and resentment that it's poisoning the whole team's spirit. People are talking about leaving the company. I like my job, I want to stay, but I just don't know what to do about this situation.
    Can anyone help?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Well if the boss doesn't have a problem with her then you had better learn to accept her as she is and ignore her, or get another job.
    Sometimes we must learn to say, OK this person is not going to change, so I have to change the way I react to her" She can only be a pain if you allow her to be.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Yes, the whole point of being a team player is to cooperate with others while tolerate with them at the same time.
    U grow and learn from it too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm out of his league but he acts like he's too good for me [ 9 Answers ]

Let's be honest here. Guys care more about looks than girls. People always ask me why I date my boyfriend of 4 years, claiming that I should be too far out of his league to even consider. The truth is, I love him more than anything. He could be the ugliest guy in the world and I would still do...

Acts 7:59 [ 32 Answers ]

:) Hello Everyone, Acts 7:59 says: “They went on casting stones at Stephen as he made appeal and said: ‘Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.’” Those words have raised questions in the mind of some, since the Bible says that Jehovah is the “Hearer of Prayer.” Psalm 65:2 Did Stephen really pray to...

Acts.. [ 2 Answers ]

The ____ restricts the collection of data by federally funded schools. a.Tax Reform Act of 1979 b.Educational Privacy Act of 2003 c.USA PATRIOT Act of 2002 d.Computer Matching and Privacy Act of 1988 I can't find it on Google that's why I am here...

Married man, girlfriend and colleague, but she is now... [ 64 Answers ]

I am 34, married. I love my wife, but I don't get enough from her As some husbands do... My girlfriend is 24, being my student at the university, my girlfriend and my closest colleague for the last 2.5 years. We both worked for a government organization, and we established A private...

View more questions Search