Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flowerchild1946 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
    My Grandson
    My precious little grandson does the weirdest thing once in a while. To explain a little when he was born he was breech, he never crawled, he sat straight up and hopped. He had months of therepy and started walking very late. At about age two he started with these little twitches, his legs go straight out and his little hands twitch.. it only last a few seconds. We've had him everywhere to the finest Drs and Hospitals for tests. Everyone says it's him getting excited about something and reacting. I just have a problem with this answer. He's extremely smart, and loves to learn about planets(knows them all) weather, and anything scientific, yet he refuses to write his name and doesn't enjoy coloring, etc. He also has trouble with balance, walks and runs great but has trouble hopping, standing on one foot, etc. He plays with other kids, but only with our encourageing this, otherwise he's very happy just to play with his Mom or me

Has anyone else experienced this.. It just breaks my heart to think he may be made fun of in school and I'd give my life for him
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 21, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I know I was breech when I was born, but I've got an unrelated disease called Lymphoedema in my legs, so I can't say for sure about that.

How old is your grandson? I probably won't be much help, but an age might help others give you a decent answer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I would like to know the age so that I can help you better. Also, has this been going on for a long time? The twitching that is...

Please let us know how old he is so that we can help you better.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Sounds like a seizure disorder or a gross motor development delay
    Flowerchild1946 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 04:53 PM
    My little angel is 4years 5months old, this started when he was about 2.. we know he has motor development problems and has therapy for that.. the little twitching episodes he has is what worries me though the Drs at Children Hospital in Columbus Ohio say he will outgrow this.

Thank you for you responses
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
    I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the breech birth as many children are born breech.

Have they tested him for seizure disorder, such as epilepsy? The twitching makes me think this may be a factor.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
    You have a right to worry. Something is up. May be neurological. Get a second or third opinion. I guess you will have to be your grandsons advocate since his mother cannot or will not
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 05:15 PM
    I'm not insulting anyone here. All I'm saying since you are so concerned about your grandson here, maybe you should follow through. Maybe your daughter just has not been able to find the proper docs or tests to be run.. from what you say your grandchild is far from the average 4 year old. If he was my child I would stop at nothing to get a proper diagnosis and treatment for my child. I said nothing wrong to deserve a reddie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my grandson? [ 13 Answers ]

My daughter had a baby this fall.. since he was born (and before that) I have paid the unsubsidised rent, utility bills, day care while my daughter worked for a short time and purchased most of his clothing,diapers etc.. So except for the state aid help, she does not get child suport.. I have paid...

1 child 1 grandson [ 1 Answers ]

My son and his grilfriend will not let me see my grandson she is using that baby on the family and so is he I am bipolar raised my son on my own we were so thight this gril calls me a frick and ever thing else my son lets this go on she is killing my sons health he looks so bad she sits at home and...

Young daughter and my grandson [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter had a child at 17 years old. Me and my beautiful wife have supported them until a few months ago. They moved out. My daughter has not held a real job ever, so they are financially poor. She has recently been diagnosed with a Anxiety/depression disorder. Because of her unstable emotions...

Worried About My Grandson [ 11 Answers ]

Some of you will remember me posting about my grandson who lives with me. He had been doing quite well but had a bit of a relapse in January. Couldn’t face school (not a school problem), just too much effort. They allowed him to attend mornings only for a few weeks. And in the meantime I fixed for...

Grandmother never offers to watch grandson. [ 5 Answers ]

This is my 2nd question on this board. I got great advise on the first post which actually helped me with my marriage. Now my 2nd question. This is something that has come up a million times in my marriage. It has to do with getting a break from the baby (now 2 1/2 years old) to go out with my...

View more questions Search