Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TimH Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2005, 05:19 AM
    1994 Honda Civic No-Start
    1994 Honda Civic,156k, No-Start Problem. Car ran great until I left it parked outside for two weeks (unusually hot weather). Now it cranks but won't turn over. I removed and inspected the main relay, joints looked okay but I replaced with new part just in case. Still no start. I can hear the fuel pump power up when I turn the key. I also tested for spark and get good spark on all of my plugs. Battery power seemed okay to me as headlight strength was good but has gone down after trying to start my car so many times to no avail. I didn't test it but I took my dist. cap off to inspect and it looks brand new inside, no corrosion at all. I also tried jumping the computer so it would display any error codes by flashing my CEL. Nothing, only thing that happened was my SRS light started flashing continuously, no repeating pattern. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong with the car? I ask because I finally broke down and had AAA tow my car to a shop. The guy who towed it had me try and start it for him. First he said starter sounded weak. Then he jumped the battery and I tried again. This time he said there was a screeching sound and thought my alternator was locked up. This sounds fishy to me as the alternator wouldn't cause a no start. Any suggestions to help keep me from getting ripped off would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    djhonda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I'm not saying this is it but did you get your starter tested it could be bad I have a 94 civic as well and I just had to replace mine it did the same type of thing that may be it I'm not a mechanic just work on my car through a chilton book or haynes manual you can buy one at almost any auto zone or advance auto or napa they tell you everything real helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 Honda Civic EX will not start [ 53 Answers ]

I am having problems with getting my 1994 Honda Civic EX to start. I am getting no spark at the spark plugs, but I am getting fuel to them. I have read through the FAQ listed in the forum on the subject. I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, rotor, distributor cap and Igniter...

Honda Civic won't start [ 12 Answers ]

I have an '82 Honda Civic that won't start. With key turned to accessories and wipers turned on, when I move the positive battery clamp the wipers go on and dash lights as well. I turn the key to start and everything goes off. Turning the key back to accessories again, no lights... only if I go...

Need to start my Honda Civic [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 93 civic and it decided to stop working the other day, doesn't even try to start. I tried jumping it but that does't seem to work. I just checked this website here and realized that there are about 7-8 different things that it could be, and I would probably have to take my axel off to...

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so now the ignitor and the coils have been replaced and the car still will not start. My neighbor, who is a Honda mechanic, says that my only other option is to replace the computer... IS THIS TRUE>>?? :(

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 11 Answers ]

I bought this car... it ran terrible. I had the fuel tank and lines drained due to contaminated fuel. Then I had a tune up done to it by my friend who is a Honda Mechanic. It ran but continued to have a miss (w/ no noise) just a jerk in the car that I could feel and my passengers. If and when it...

View more questions Search