Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annatony Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Privacy Law Violations
    Is there any legal recourse if a hospital has released your full name, date of birth and social security number to a private citizen? (Mailing error)
    katbird14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Is there any recourse when a hospital release my medical records to another patient at the hospital?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katbird14 View Post
    Is there any recourse when a hospital release my medical records to another patient at the hospital?

You can certainly file a complaint under HIPAA but it appears the harm to you has already been done and nothing can be done to reverse it - other than they'll issue you an apology.

How did the mistake happen - if you know?

Parental rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Probation violations [ 4 Answers ]

My roommate has been on probation for 20 months of a 24 month sentence. His conviction was for a Alcohol related misdemeanor. Part of his probation was no alcohol consumption and no attending bars. He has not been arrested however he has been to a few bars seeming how he is a senior in college. ...

HIPAA violations [ 15 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. He checked himself into the hospital for alcohol detox. He was later transferred to another facility because the first facility did not have overnight accommodations for detox. Meanwhile he was assured of patient confidentiality. At that facility one of the...

HIPPA violations [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. He checked himself into the hospital for alcohol detox. He was later transferred to another facility because the first facility did not have overnight accommodations for detox. Meanwhile he was assured of patient confidentiality. At that facility one of...

What are the 10 most common violations? [ 2 Answers ]

In dwellings and for new and old installations. 1. Are AFCI's the way to go, and are they required when replacing receptacles or fixtures in a bedroom? 2. How are we supposed to test a GFCI? 3. Is there really a problem when VD shows up during an inspection, or is reversed polarity more...

View more questions Search