Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stekun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2005, 01:19 AM
    GTA San Andreas plays in slow motion
    Hi

I have played GTA VC before I started the SA game. But it lokes like SA is playing so slow. Like it is in slow motion!
    Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
    It now looks like I am playing in slow motion.I have set the resolution to 800x600, turned off anti aliasing and the draw distance set to minimum.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 27, 2005, 06:11 AM
    Hey, good game, huh?

Vice city and San Andreas are different in the way they were programmed and designed (especially since San Andreas is on DVD).

It would be helpful to list more info about your computer:
    Operating System (Windows XP, Windows ME)
    Processor Speed (Pentium 2.1GHZ, AMD Athlon)
    Memory
    Video Card
    Anything else you feel would be useful

Thanks!
    stekun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2005, 09:40 AM
    here are my specifications

Veld Waarde
    Systeemgeheugen 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    Veld Waarde
    Video kaart Nvidia GeForce 6610 XL (128 MB)
    Veld Waarde
    Geluidskaart Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]
    Veld Waarde
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4E, 3400 MHz (17 x 200)

do u know enough?

thanks

Aug 27, 2005, 11:53 AM
    Hello,

It seems that you should have plenty of power to play the game. You could go to the Rockstar Games website and make sure there are no known conflicts with your video card.

Also, be sure to scan for adware and spyware and other running programs that may be bogging down your computer. If you need help with that, just ask.

Otherwise, personally I am not knowledgeable enough to be able to think of anything beyond that without actually looking at the computer, but perhaps some of the other experts here can help, too.

I wish you luck!

Aug 27, 2005, 11:54 AM
    Also go to Rockstar Games' website and download any available updates for San Andreas - that might provide better drivers for your video card, therefore making it run correctly.
    bowhunter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 08:13 PM
    gta san andreas
    how can I make san andreas go faster when it is going in slow motion

I have a compaq
    Intel(R)
    I have 14.00gb of space
    And 16x dvd reading
    248 MB of Ram

Sep 21, 2005, 12:16 PM
    Do you know what your processor speed is? You are running the mininum amount of memory, and if you don't at least have a 1GHZ processor, that may be why it is running a bit slow.

The more ram and processing power you have, the better the game will run.

Also, close any programs that may be running at the time you are playing your game. Run adware and spyware scanners to make sure they aren't bogging down your computer.

If you need more help, please feel free to ask!

Sep 21, 2005, 03:06 PM
    How do I check if my computer has 1GHZ processor

Sep 21, 2005, 03:20 PM
    First, you can check the front of your computer system to see what it says.

There is a little sticker that most likely says Intel Pentium or Athlon or something. Tell me everything it says on that sticker.

Also, go to Control Panel, open "System" and click "Properties" or "General."

This all depends on your operating system. What operating system are you running? (Windows XP, Windows 2000, etc.)

Do you know what kind of video card you have?

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2005, 04:59 PM
    It has 2.53ghz and also how do I check the vidoe card

Sep 21, 2005, 05:07 PM
    OK... it seems like you have plenty of processing power to run the game. It may be hard to check the video card info unless you actually have the original packaging or documentation (without actually opening the computer). Chances are, if your computer has this type of power, you most likely have a suitable video card.

The most I know what to do is run Spyware and Adware scanners to make sure there aren't hidden spying programs running in the background bogging down your computer. This is very important since you don't have very much RAM to work with. You only have the minimum requirement by Rockstar Games.

Also, you didn't answer - what is your operating system?

Make sure you have automatic updates enabled for Windows and make sure you have the latest updates for GTA San Andreas.

If you continue to have problems, your best bet would be to directly contact their tech support with your problem. If you contact them, make sure you include all the information (operating system, processor, ram, etc.) and that will help them solve your problem faster.

Good luck, if you still need help, don't be afraid to ask!

Perhaps some other experts also have some good suggestions!
    ravijha85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
    I have a HP laptop.
    1.6GHz AMD Turion 64 mobile Technology.
    1.37GB DDR333 RAM.(+128MB for ATI Radeon).
    128MB Integrated ATI Radeon XPress 200m Series
    (Which is equivalent to Radeon X300)

Lately I did a lot of searching and then found out that registry was causing the slow motion problem, I was having with all my games.
    I used Tune Up Utilities to defragment the registry, and the game started running smoothly on high graphics settings.

But the problem I'm having now is that the games stops running after a while and the time for crashing is not constant either, sometimes half an hour and sometimes 4 min or 10 min etc.

Another problem is that wnen I start my laptop and run the games its in slow motion again.
    So I have to defrag the registry again and then its OK.
    Sometimes defrag is not possible because registry is in perfect condition.
    Installed some softwares like serials 2000 and flashget etc. so that changes occur in the registry and it worked.

Today when I started the laptop to play the games, there was the regular slow motion problem and I defragmented the registry which as usual asked to restart wi9ndows, I did so, but to my great surprise the game was in slow motion.
    I tried defragmenting over 20 ntimes for around 3 hours but no improvement.

Please can anyone help me or get help for me.
    TrampolineKing Posts: 27, Reputation: 2
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Hey. I'm going to buy SA sometime next week for the PC but I don't know if will play properly. So if I leave you my system specs could you tell me if it would work or not ? Thanks.

My specs are..

Medion Professional Computer
    Intel(R)
    Celeron(R)Cpu 2.80GHZ
    2.80GHZ , 448 mb ram...

Is this enough. Thanks for the reply

Also my OS is Window XP

Nov 15, 2007, 04:54 AM
    TrampolineKing,

The recommended hardware requirements:
    Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor
    384+ MB of RAM
    128MB Video Card with DirectX9 compatible drivers
    16X speed DVD-ROM drive
    4.7GB hard disk space

It looks like it should. Personally I'm not a fan of Celeron processors, but it looks as though it's fast enough to do the job.

Your memory looks good, but it never hurts to have more. The more you have, the better the game will play. I have a gig of RAM with a 3.2ghz pentium, and it works beautifully.

Also be sure you have a DVD-ROM drive, not just a CD drive, but you probably do.

If you're still worried, see if you can borrow a copy off a friend to test it, then if it works fine, go out and buy your own copy.

Perhaps someone with more experience can also give their input.
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Thanks. So do I just delete stuff to get my memory up yeah ? I'll delete some stuff and post back on what I've got then .

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah I've got a DVD-ROM. I should be getting SA on Monday or Tuesday or maybe even Thursday.
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Comment on wzartv's post
    Now I know whether to buy GTA SA. Thanks

Nov 15, 2007, 10:15 AM
    No, deleting things will only clear space on your hard drive. The difference is this:

Your hard drive stores your files, operating system, game files, etc.

Your memory, or RAM is used to temporarily store process information. It is completely separate in hardware and how it is used.

The only way to increase memory is to purchase memory chips that are inserted on your motherboard.

But like I said, it looks like the game won't have a problem running, but if you do notice that it is slow or sticking a lot, it could be that you could use a little more memory. I'd just worry about upgrading if you find you have a problem.

It's that way on my laptop - the game works, but it's slower and less graphically enhanced than on my crazy-fast PC.
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Ok Thanks. Sorry I'm only 14 so I'm not that computer illitarate. Ok so if I want more memory I need to buy some memory chiips for the motherboard? Ok I'll try SA on my PC and if it doe'snt work then I'll try and take it back so I can get my money back...

Thanks a lot mate

Nov 16, 2007, 07:23 AM
    That sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Let me know how it works when you get it.
    -

Nov 17, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Will do..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grahpic problems on my GTA san andreas [ 7 Answers ]

I was playing GTA fine on my computer using a nividia geforce4 5200fx grahpic card till I updated the drivers for it. After that when I launched the game it gave me a 'cannot display video mode' error. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. Thanks a bunch

Motion to Continue [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are tyring to reconcile. I have already filed a motion to continue with the court. Is there any way to get a motion for leave from court or a motion to stay to see if we can work things out without having to refile for divorce if they don't workout? Thank you for your help. ...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

Brownian Motion [ 2 Answers ]

In simple terms, what is the cause of brownian motion?? THANK YOU... THANK YOU!

View more questions Search