Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toyo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Anybody Know Anything About A Package Unit
    My Mother just had a Trane 15 seer Package unit installed. She told me she was having some problems with it and asked if I would come and look at it. The installer was acting very professional. This is the problem. The condensation line comes out and makes a 90 degree turn and runs about 3 feet. The water at the end of the pipe just stops at the end. There is so much suction being created inside the box that the water can't drain out. Once the unit turns off then the water just flows right out. If you take the cover off the whole inside is soaked. The installer says its normal! My question is, How can you stop this vacumn that's being created in order to allow the water to run out? Will a simple p trap do the trick?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Install a trap in the drain line , make sure it is 3" deep, the trap after it fills with water will provide a seal and it wiil then start draining properly, if you install a vent on this trap make sure it is not between the a/c unit and the trap. Good luck .Mike
    Toyo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Thanks a lot. I will call her today and see what the Technician said on Tuesday. I really appreciate your help. I am trying to help people over on the car board. That's my specialty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Package. [ 2 Answers ]

I ordered something online, and got a confirmation email. The email had a tracking number for USPS. Today the USPS website said the package was delivered this morning, so I looked on my doorstep and nothing was there. I looked up the street, and I can see a package on my neighbor's doorstep with...

Set up package [ 3 Answers ]

How to create set up package?

Package heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

My church recently purchased a 4 ton Goodman package heat pump on line and after connecting ducts and thermostat we tested the system. It worked fine on heat but would not reverse to cool. The thermostat we bought from Home Depot, I think it was a Rite Temp. We probably wired it wrong, red to red,...

Want 1040 package [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any way I can get those idiots to send me a 1040 package every year instead of the 1040A? Once again, I have a capital gain, not a distribution and must file a 1040. So the big 1040A package they sent me goes to the landfill and I have to track down a 1040 and all the schedules I need. ...

Setup VB package [ 0 Answers ]

Hi.. When I want to run setup.exe for my VB package into Windows 2000 professional this message appeared ; "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK If you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows...

View more questions Search