Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LILMONICA Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I want to be an entertainer!
    I've always wanted to be in the Entertainment industry.. But I don't know where to start or where to go. And now a days its so hard there is so much compation. I really short to I'm 4'9 so I think that's what kind of holds me back from really trying :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 02:50 AM
    What exactly is it that you would like to do to entertain people? Being of the height that you are doesn't necessarily have to be a barrier to what you would like to do.
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Aug 21, 2007, 02:57 AM
    Try television. Your size would definitely go unnoticed... I worked briefly as a clapper loader (student job) and believe you me, I felt like I was in munchkin land. (I'm 6ft)
    hilaryfortnum Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Aug 21, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Jeanette Krankie. Ronnie Corbett. Kermit the Frog. All very short people, all very successful in their field. Don't let height stop you from pursuing your chosen career. Unless that career is basketball.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 05:20 AM
    What are your interests, talents, what do you want to do. And for a lot of performers, ( singers and musicians) it is just years of putting in your dues at small events hoping for a big break.

Aug 21, 2007, 08:20 AM
    I love to perform! I use to be a salsa dancer in a dance team but I had to put school first so I let it go to finish high school and never went back to it since. I still want to be a performer but I guess I'm just scared of rejection
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Hello Lil:

Height ISN'T the issue - talent is.

And, let me disabuse you about your fears of rejection. If you're going to be an entertainer, and you will be going out on auditions, YOU WILL BE REJECTED. And, you'll be rejected more times than you won't be. Not only will you be rejected, they'll talk about you during the audition.

Nope, show business ain't a place for a person with thin skin.

But, if you have talent and drive – go for it.

excon

PS> I've been in a few movies, so I know about the business.
    hilaryfortnum Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Aug 21, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Lil:

Height ISN'T the issue - talent is.

And, let me disabuse you about your fears of rejection. If you're going to be an entertainer, and you will be going out on auditions, YOU WILL BE REJECTED. And, you'll be rejected more times than you won't be. Not only will you be rejected, they'll talk about you during the audition.

Nope, show business ain't a place for a person with thin skin.

But, if you have talent and drive – go for it.

excon

PS> I’ve been in a few movies, so I know about the business.

Excon, what films have you been in? I do hope one of them was Bridge Over the River Kwai. Or maybe Karate Kid II?

Aug 21, 2007, 08:43 AM
    I know that's what some people tell me, But I want this and I'm going to try hard to get there! Thanks everyone for your comments and advise!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hilaryfortnum
    Excon, what films have you been in?
    Hello hilary:

Nahhh, not those.

I was in Harry & The Henderson’s, Black Widow and a TV movie starring Jimmy Smits and Judith Light called Dangerous Affection. I was in one by David Mamet about a con artist (don't remember the name), and several others.

I've done several commercials too - none that you would have seen. But, I'm retired now...

excon

PS> I don’t want to steal this thread. I just want Lil to know that there’s work available out there, and she's living in the right city.

Aug 21, 2007, 08:49 AM
    No worries excon ;)
    DestinyCommunications Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LILMONICA
    I've always wanted to be in the Entertainment industry.. But i dont know where to start or where to go. And now a days its so hard there is so much compation. I really short to i'm 4'9 so i think thats what kinda holds me back from really trying :(
    Listen if you want to enter the world of entertainment there are no hindrances. I would only suggest you avoid being a run way model. This world is filled with unique people who entertain the world. What are you gifts and talents? There are many fields of the entertainment industry. I would suggest that you search out different fields. I started promoting concerts which led to entertainment promotions including artist. The world is your oyster. Never accept defeat.

Oct 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Hey everyone just wanted to say thanks for all your answers and comments! I'll just let time tell I guess,but thanks again you!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a dance song, a pretty recent song I think also... would probably hear it in night clubs a lot and the radio maybe. All I remember from this song is a lot of ''na's'' Such as , na nananana na nananana.. could you please help me out?

Song/Entertainer-Need the artist name [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who the artist was that sang: Money, money, money, money---Money! Some people got to have it, some people really need it... etc Thanks so much, Lorimac

Any ideas? [ 21 Answers ]

OK guys, so I am just wondering on your opinions. OK, I had my period on the 11ths. Lasted 5-7 days. On sunday(the 28th) I had a small amount of bleeding. (just enough to get on my underwear. Thought I was started my period, and rushed home from church. Surprised me, because I had only had my...

Any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have split up and my 8yr old brother seems to be rebelling towards my mum. He won't do as he told by her. The minute I ask him to he does it without argument. I guess my little bro is angry at my mum and maybe balmes her in some way?? He gets so upset and I have no idea what is...

View more questions Search