Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Make a .gif from Google Earth?
    I'd like to do something like the below animated gif... but use a "real" zoom like from Google Earth.

Do any of you know of an app that will make it easier than trying to do a .gif with so many layers? Thanks!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 04:57 AM
    You could capture video from your PC using something like camtasia studio and then crop it and turn it into a gif with some software (cant remember the name of it now but can find it when at home).

I would do it by capturing each frame though.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 05:10 AM
    So are Google earth "zooms" actual videos?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 05:14 AM
    No it's programmatical, mostly picture interpolation where the picture changes when you reach a certain interval. But you can capture it as you do it yourself.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I see. Cool. I'll try video capture and conversion to .gif.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Decompiling an animated GIF [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know of a good (preferably free) program that will take apart animated gifs and supply either psd's or some other file formats?

Google Earth funny/odd stuff [ 19 Answers ]

Man I love this app! If you have not tried it I suggest that you NOT, as you may become addicted. We use it to plot where we've lived and visited. It's fun family fare to look through them on occasion and recall those fun times. It's also cool to find oddities. I've got 2 that come to...

Where is y3.gif [ 1 Answers ]

I must have deleted the file y3.gif by mistake and now I can't open my Firefox browser. I have tried to recover it from my recycle bin but it's not there. Where can I go to download and reinstall the file? Dacroinc

Google Earth [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Google earth plans to upgrade the resolution of itīs satellite images in the many areas that are currently at lower resolution?

Can't Delete GIF Image [ 2 Answers ]

In my temporary internet files there's a file or cookie labelled as a GIF image that I can't seem to delete. I've tried it in safe mode too with no success. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search